Dart charge system errors. - Wackyracer

Just a warning to others who might have a Dart Charge account, I have been charged twice for the same crossing.

Dart charge system errors. - oldroverboy.

Another fine example of how to get lots of money from people when the payment structure is made so that more revenue is generated from fines, aka the congestion charge in london. just for the sake of it i have made a account online with a £10 top up so that should i need to cross it, i will already be registered. and if they take it twice they,ll hear from me!

Dart charge system errors. - Ethan Edwards

Mock up and send the Dart Robbers a 'Penalty Charge Notice' and an invoice for your time....copy in a red top tabloid for effect. Slow news day maybe they will print it and you'll get your cash back very fast indeed.

Dart charge system errors. - Bromptonaut

Don't go through it often as excepting Kent and East Sussex there's no need. M25 west better for rest of Sussex and ponts west. Dover or Chunnel are about only reason.

I have though set up an account as I don't fancy trying to pay afterwards while fighting with French campsite WiFi. So far two crossings and two charges.

s*******.

Dart charge system errors. - John F

Went through it yesterday and today - didn't get the usual bleep from the dart gadget, so wondered if I had been charged. Signed into my account - I had been. Correctly. Bah!

When I called them, they said that the car had been seen by 2 cameras, so charged twice. I wasn't driving but, maybe the driver was changing lane at the point where the cameras focus on.

Dart charge system errors. - Bromptonaut

How are they getting on with removing the barriers and fully implementing the final design of the camera surveillance area?

When I went over in December the s/b barriers were gone but there was a 'weave' to the left into a temporary layout. Northbound the barrieirs were still i place.

I guess the n/b layout is more omplicated due need for (a) traffic using first junction in Essex to sequence int owest tunnel and (b) s/b use of tunnel while bridge is closed.

The last time I used it myself the tolls were still in operation both ways.

I asked the driver and he said the SB booths are gone and they were working on the removal of the NB booths.

I think the NB (tunnel approach) is going to be more complex as they are going to have to monitor for over height vehicles and abnormal loads. I guess it will have something like the blackwall tunnel has.

Dart charge system errors. - RaineMan

I made my first crossing, since the new system was introduced, on Sunday. Yesterday I set up an online account and lent them £10. I also put in the registration of the hire car I was using. So far no charge has been taken. When I rang the hire company they said it was my responsibility but if they get a penalty notice I would be liable for it plus an exorbitant administration charge. So where to now? Think I preferred the old system where overseas drivers actually had to pay!

Dart charge system errors. - Hamsafar

I agree with all above. It would be interesting to know someone who goes daily and has an account how many times they are not charged due to the camera not reading. 78% of foreigners are not even paying!

Edited by Hamsafar on 30/06/2015 at 16:42

Dart charge system errors. - Smileyman

I'm an occasional user, I too object to advancing too much money as a free loan but console myself with the fact that I end up paying a lower price as a result. Nonetheless, it's gaulling to hear that so many are not paying anything, of course the signage is pathetic, so poor that it might not exist, so I'm not surprised.

Fortunately I've not suffered the double charge problem.

I just wish they get rid of those confounded NB barriers, there really is no need to slow down car traffic to the point where queues are formed. (any traffic, but the overhight concerns are legitimate)

Edited by Smileyman on 30/06/2015 at 22:22

Dart charge system errors. - RaineMan

Well I was finally charged for the SB journey yesterday with the NB one this morning. If it takes them 4 -5 days to link things together how can they tell people they have to pay by mid-night the next day!