Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - autumnboy

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up to keep profits up, where we were told they would be alot lower to come.

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - madf

Oil prices have risen in the past 3 weeks.

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - oldroverboy.
I priced my most recent car purchase on the price of fuel at a lot higher than it is now.
It has been nice to fuel up at a quid a litre...

It was never going to last.
Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - craig-pd130

Oil prices have risen in the past 3 weeks.

Exactly. A couple of weeks back, crude oil was just over $45 a barrel (which was about as low as it got). It's now just over $60: crude is now 33% more expensive. However, this is still about half the price it was last autumn.

At forecourts around here (Macclesfield), that 33% increase in crude prices has put up the price of diesel by 3p per litre.

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - Snakey

The prices were slow to come down but will now steadily increase back to where they were, and higher.

I used the BBC website to compare my fuel costs (Venuezula pay 1p a litre!) and my tank is £65 to fill up, which would be £17 without tax. So the fuel itself is a bargain.

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - FoxyJukebox

I can remember filling up at Morrisons in the summer of 2008 when it was 125p a litre.......thus at 110p -feb 2015-things have just got better. Make hay while the sun shines-I say!

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - Graham567

Just been speaking to my American friends and 'gas' over there is $2.13 which is about £1.37 a gallon!.Compared to £5.04 a gallon over here!

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - Andrew-T

Just been speaking to my American friends and 'gas' over there is $2.13 which is about £1.37 a gallon!.

Don't forget that their gallon is about a sixth smaller than ours ....

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - colinh

Prices in Spain, where tax/duty is less lower than UK and hence tend to reflect crude oil prices more closely, have gone from about €1.10 to €1.30 per litre in the last 5-6 weeks - so much for deflation worries

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - Hamsafar

It is the retailers - there is a back street yard near me in the midlands selling road duty paid diesel for 99.9p a litre - some 15p less than the ones with canopies, ATMs and mini-markets.

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - jamie745

Even if they are pushing the prices up, that doesn't really bother me too much. Of the £1.11ppl it's currently costing at my local Texaco, approximately 70p of that is tax.

The oil companies extract it, refine it and transport it for us - and provide neatly packaged sandwiches also - so they earn their money. The Government don't do anything and they get a bigger slice.

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - Wackyracer

My thoughts are the same Jamie. Oil companies do an awful lot of work to get these fuels to the fuel stations and only make profit by selling a huge quantity.

Are the Oil retailers starting to push prices up - alan1302

It is the retailers - there is a back street yard near me in the midlands selling road duty paid diesel for 99.9p a litre - some 15p less than the ones with canopies, ATMs and mini-markets.

That could be because they don't sell much of the stuff. They bought it when it was cheap and are still able to sell it cheap. When they buy their next lot the price will have gone up for them and so their selling price will as well.