Ford Ka 2010 - Rear suspension mounting - Richieblade

My partners 2010 Ford Ka has just failed an MOT with corrosion to the nearside rear suspension mounting point for the rear axle, the corrosion has cause the part of the bracket which holds the near side rear brake pipe and also handbrake cable to fail. This allowed the brake pipe and cable to hang down beneath the car just in front of the near side rear wheel. We took the car to the Ford dealer from which the car was purchased approximtely 2 years earlier and after inspecting the failed bracket and the corrosion they couldn't have cared less. Having pointed out that the corrosion of this part was unacceptable on a 5 year old car (bearing in mind the car is on it's original exhaust) and that it may be a safety issue as it allows the near side rear brake pipe to hang down unsupported and may cause the brake pipe to fail again they were not interested.

We have now had the suspension mounting replaced at the garage where the MOT was carried out but wonder whether it is worth letting Ford themselves know that they may have a potential safety issue or to contact VOSA and make them aware?

Ford Ka 2010 - Rear suspension mounting - RobJP

The problem is, you can't be certain that this wasn't caused by an impact at some point in the cars life - quite possibly in the 3 years before you bought it, and that the part has gradually been corroding ever since.

Or it might even have happened in the last 12 months - your partner has hit something, and that has caused a tear, which has then corroded.

It's a 5 year old car. From now on, things will start to wear out.

Ford Ka 2010 - Rear suspension mounting - elekie&a/c doctor
Just to clarify the issue.It is not the suspension mounting that corrodes,it is a bracket that is welded to the rear arms (1 each side)that supports the handbrake cable and brake pipe.This is a common fault on the Fiat 500 on which the Ka is based.If the corrosion is not too bad,they can be re-welded.
Ford Ka 2010 - Rear suspension mounting - wolly

My wife bought a new one in 2003.I waxoild it from the first day it was picked up.Very dissapionted in ford never buy another it fell to peices just a rot box on wheels.A friend of mine had the same problam,