Insurance Companies - Now checking documents - oldroverboy.

A word of gentle advice.

At renewal was asked for copy of our licences v5c log book and written proof of ncd.

Policy not validated till this was done.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 12/02/2015 at 08:13

Insurance Companies - Now checking documents - brum

At renewal was asked for ..... written proof of ncd.

In that case I shall write back to them and ask for ..... written proof of ncd......so that I can forward it back to them! ;)

Edited by brum on 12/02/2015 at 12:30

Sorry, slip of the tongue. Changed at renewal because Lv £75 less than privilege.

Worth emailing the docs for £75....

Insurance Companies - Now checking documents - hillman

I thought that the amount of co-operation between the insurance companies is now so pervasive that the question regarding ncd is superfluous.

Certain insurance companies advertise that if the applicant is over 50 then the premium is especially low. I've not found that this is the case. I asked one such company over the internet for a quotation but it was so high that I put it aside. A very earnest and personable young woman (lady) rang me about a week later wanting to know why I hadn't taken up their offer. I told her that the offer was too high and she put down the telephone.

Not in my case, premium was £165 for cruze fully comp and no extra charge was made when I replaced with the kia. (No admin fee, no extra premium)

10 + years ncd-

Nice polite people and a regular landline number to call.

Insurance Companies - Now checking documents - focussed

Having to show licence, personal ID, vehicle registration card, proof of address etc is standard procedure when you insure a vehicle here in France, and the insurance office take copies of everything. Nice to see UK insurance companies are starting to do things properly.

Insurance Companies - Now checking documents - brum

Note that some (maybe most) insurance companies issue a "statement of fact" with their renewal notices. This may be an EU thing...

Statements of fact are however not accepted as proof of NCD etc by insurance compines!!! They require you to send them the renewal invitation.

I often wonder why?