Dacia Duster 64 Pre Regs - daveyK_UK

A word of warning about anyone tempted by the bulk of 64 plate pre-reg Dacia Dusters on the market for £8,000.

These are the pre-face lift models, all built in India.

Apparently (im sure someone from the Dacia forum can confirm) the face lift model is alot better fit and finish, some better materials, extra standard kit, etc.

I found this out from someone who nearly purchased one of the pre regs only to find out the problems with the Indian built Dusters.

Suprisingly, the poor quality of the Indian Dusters has not put him off as he returned to the dealer and order a brand new petrol Duster!

Apparently, the Romanian dusters really are the robust bargain they have been on the continent and worthy of consideration.

I do think Renault should be congratulated for accepting the Indian factory was useless and moving UK production to Romania.

Dacia Duster 64 Pre Regs - gordonbennet

I do think Renault should be congratulated for accepting the Indian factory was useless and moving UK production to Romania.

Might have been an idea for someone to get off their shiny backside and go look see what the factory were doing long before it came to this.

Fair point, Indian Renault Duster customers had complained about paint and build quality long before they started to produce Dusters for the UK.

Obviously UK and Irish buyers carry more clout than Indian buyers.

Dacia Duster 64 Pre Regs - gordonbennet

Don't suppose they put millions of tons of salt down on Indian roads either, would only take one good salty winter and a white patchily painted shell and it's all too obvious.

It's like turning the clock back 40 years, white cars looked great till the rust started to come through, though it usually took 2/3 years unless you bought a Lancia Beta, or apparently a modern car thrown together in India.

I'd probably still buy one of these if in the market for one and they are really £4k cheaper, but i'd go over it inch by inch and make the dealer paint the mssing bits, then i'd spend a couple hundred pounds on good rustproofing products and go right through it meself, inside and out.

Edited by gordonbennet on 08/02/2015 at 21:30

I have just had a look at the Dacia forum, and peole seem to be very happy with the face lift models built in Romania.