2008Golf MkV TDI Blue Motion 2008 - Hot start problems - jonjon1

I had a new clutch and flywheel fitted in March last year. Recently I have noticed a vibration/shudfdering sound from the engine, which only happens when the engine is stated from hot. When cold, no problem and apart from that the car runs beautifully.

I was advised my my local garage to take the car to a VW main dealer to diagnose the problem. They say it needs a new Cluch/flywheel and starter motor. Anothe garage has advised a new Clutch and flywheel.

The garage who fitted the clutch/flywheel in June last year refuses to take out the new clutch because he says it cannot possibly be that and I'm inclined to agree. He has spoken to the Technical people at Sachs whoi say that the starter motor engages directly with the flywheel which is one solid piece bolted onto another solid piece with 6 nuts. Any excess movement in the DMF cannot possibly be the cause of vibration when starting from hot only. If t was the DMF this would be evident all the time and particularly when changin gear/

What to other think!

2008Golf MkV TDI Blue Motion 2008 - Hot start problems - craig-pd130

How long does the noise continue for after a hot start? Does it continue for several seconds or stop straight away?

Only continues for a few seconds, almost sounds like an exhaust rattle, then starts. Sometimes it starts ok when hot other times it may take 3/4 attempts.
Now mended. New starter motor fitted!!