opel corsa c 2004 - nct - karltheace

Will my car pass its nct with the engine light on and the oil light flashing i think its down to my ecu

opel corsa c 2004 - nct - RT

Will my car pass its nct with the engine light on and the oil light flashing i think its down to my ecu

Depends on the requirements of the ?nct?

With the engine light on, it won't passd a UK MoT test - but since you refer to Opel you're not in the UK!

opel corsa c 2004 - nct - bathtub tom

With the oil light flashing, I'd suggest its not worth getting it tested as the engine probably won't last long.

Its the ecu making the lights come on theres nothin wrong with the engine yano

Its the ecu making the lights come on theres nothin wrong with the engine yano

How do you know that?

Substituting the ECU is the only way you could ever know that - but the lights would be out then!

I'm guessing that flashing oil light means low pressure - not low level which is easy to check.

Edited by RT on 26/01/2015 at 12:22

My cuz had a look an said theres oil in the ecu an it has to be cleaned an wen it is all the light will go out

The ECU is a sealed unit - I don't see how oil could get in - even if it could then replacing the ECU would seem the only course.

The NCT website in Ireland should give you all you need www.ncts.ie/ and the manual at www.ncts.ie/pdf/NCT%20Manual%20July%202014.pdf

I went today and i passed everything passed even with the oil pressure light on and the engine light on happy days haha

opel corsa c 2004 - nct - focussed

Did the bloke who tested it have a white stick and a labrador?

Jeliously will get u no were mate haha