Ford Focus Mk2 1.6 (115) - Focus going into Limp Mode - GavinBu

Evening. I've been having trouble with my car for the past month. Before Christmas it went into limp mode a couple of times early in the morning, took it to the garage, no error codes, changed spark plugs as they were almost due. Then 2 weeks ago the coil pack was changed as it misfied and gave an error code. The limp mode didn't come back.

Since Monday it has been going into limp mode reapeatly, slow revs, high revs but always when I have my foot on the acceletor. Took it to the garage on Tuesday, no error codes, didn't do it on a test drive. Today, it gave an error code after several limp modes on the way home from work: throttle sensor error. I'm booked in to have this done.

Since this is going to cost a fair wack, I want to check if that is a common fault with these symptoms and not just an error code thrown up due to the constant restarting the engine. The other point to add is once the car is warmed up it runs fine, I've just taken it for a 15 mile drive, really gave it some stick, no problems. Could it be fuel related? It has only started happening since I filled up at a supermarket station from empty.

Ford Focus Mk2 1.6 (115) - Focus going into Limp Mode - elekie&a/c doctor

A low voltage battery can flag a fault with the throttle body/sensor,so I am not convinced this is the problem. It could be fuel related,may be an idea to start with the basics and get the fuel filter replaced.