Skoda Fabia Estate review - Trilogy

I wonder who the mooron was that released the photos to show the boot space. www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/fabia/first-dri...w

First photo has the boot floor higher than the second one. Hence the pronounced step.

Skoda Fabia Estate review - Avant

I couldn't get the rest of the photos from the link, but out of interest I downloaded a brochure from Skoda's website. A variable boot floor is an inexpensive option for the Fabia estate.

It should sell well: there isn't much competition for its size and price: I can only think of the Dacia Logan and SEAT Ibiza. It could also tempt photocopier repair firms away from their Astras.

Avant, I remember the Elegance Octavia estates (when I was looking for one) had a raised floor in the boot. Therefore a level load area when the seat was folded. This also provided a 'secret' space below the floor. I believe the cheaper specs had the false floor as a option.

Skoda Fabia Estate review - jgrahampo

Poor range of low powered engines though and how similar is it to the Rapid Spaceback in size?

Skoda Fabia Estate review - dieseldogg

Our 2010 Octavia hatch has the step in the floor of the boot when the rear seats are folded down flat.

A 1/2 sheet of Kingspan 100mm thick foamed polyurathane, fits absolutly perfectly, such as to make a perfectebly acceptable bed for a couple of nights, the seat backs being properly horizontal.

And I can lift it out with one hand too.

Simples

Edited by dieseldogg on 21/01/2015 at 14:27

Skoda Fabia Estate review - skidpan

On one forum I frequent one regular poster considering updating his car was most critical about the step in the boot floor of the new model and went on to moan about how much a raised boot floor was to solve the issue. When I suggested he simply buy a piece ply and some carpet he went completely barking saying why should he have to do that.

Skoda Fabia Estate review - oldtoffee

It could do well with those people who like a larger boot and don't need lots of rear passenger space which sums up my needs. Thats almost as big as a Mondeo boot. Looks quite good too, clean lines.

Skoda Fabia Estate review - alan1302

On one forum I frequent one regular poster considering updating his car was most critical about the step in the boot floor of the new model and went on to moan about how much a raised boot floor was to solve the issue. When I suggested he simply buy a piece ply and some carpet he went completely barking saying why should he have to do that.

I agree with him - I'd hope for an estate car to have a flat floor when all the seats are down - why would they be designed in any other way?

Skoda Fabia Estate review - Avant

If a variable boot floor is an option (only £100 for a Fabia estate) then you have the best of both worlds.

A Skoda Octavia selling point has always been the cavernous boot. I think the MK1 was larger than any competitor. It was huge and still had space for a full size spare.