Engine size Nissan QQ - Dwight Van Driver

I have a 62MY QQ that has a 1568 cc petrol engine.

Considering a change but note the newer QQ now comes with a 1.2cc DIG engine.

Had this engine in a Micra a much lighter car and was not impressed with its ,poke,

A qq is much heavier than a Micra so I do not see any improvement in performance of even keeping the status quo of the 1.5.cc

Can any current owner of the 1.2.QQ assure me that it has .getupand go,?

Would like the 1.6. diesel but short runs I fear would lead me into conflict with the DPF.

hfp

Engine size Nissan QQ - skidpan

The engine is a 4 cylinder turbo in the 12.DIG-T Qashqai.

The 1.2 engine in the current Micra is a much less powerful 3 cylinder supercharged unit that is famous (or infamous) for its lack of torque.

The 1.2 4 cylinder engine in the old Micra was neither turbo or supercharged. We have one in our Micra and its fine for what it is.

All the reports I have read about the new 1.2 DIG-T in the new Qashqai say its much better than the old 1.6 unit. If you visit the Qahqai forum several owners have traded their diesels in after driving a car with this engine, they were so impressed.

Try it and make your own mind up, its on our short list.

Engine size Nissan QQ - daveyK_UK

Correct, the Qashqai has the 4 cylinder turbo.

I think (not sure) the Micra only comes with the 3 cylinder, and the Note comes with 2 power versions of the 3 cylinder?

Engine size Nissan QQ - Avant

At some point Nissan are going to put a more powerful petrol 1.6 engine into the QQ, but nobody seems to know when. I think it's available in the Juke already.

At some point Nissan are going to put a more powerful petrol 1.6 engine into the QQ, but nobody seems to know when.

The QQ 1.6 DIG-T has been listed since November and deliveries should be satrting anytime now. Trouble is the price. The trim starts at N-Tec and with the extra for the bigger engine it means its £3000 more than the 1.2 DIG-T Acenta we looked at.

Engine size Nissan QQ - Smileyman

Nissan testing the market to see what will stick? Perhaps you need to find a broker who can negotiate a better price? (not that you cannot, but a broker has more to offer than a single buyer)

When Nissan sees buyers are looking for a better price they will have to be more flexible or ome up with a 'special offer'

Perhaps you need to find a broker who can negotiate a better price?

I would buy from a broker. Why should I waste my time negotiating for weeks with a dealer to get a price that is still higher than a broker can quote me in seconds.

Using the excellent broker I bought my last car from (Carfile) the 1.2 DiG-T Acenta) (which has every bit of kit we want as standard) the price is £17,969.47. The cheapest 1.6 DiG-T whic is the N-Tec is £21,008.58 and has loads of kit we would never use and have no desire to pay for (especially the 18" polished spoke wheels and glass roof). That is a difference of over £3000 of which only £1350 is for the bigger engine.

There are possibly brokers offering lower prices than Carfile but how trustworthy are they?

But at the end of the day I am not prepared to spend £1650 on kit I don't want. There are other cars out there.