Honda CRV 2014 - Honda CRV - tilting door mirrors - JeffnSue

We are about to lease a Honda CRV on Motability. I’ll swear that on one of the demonstrators I drove both wing mirrors tilted downwards as a reversing aid when reverse was selected and I found the mirrors easier to use than the reversing camera. On the last ‘SR’ I drove I could only get the nearside mirror to dip and the other demonstrator has now been sold so I can’t convince my sceptical salesman that both mirrors tilted though I certainly used that on the driver’s side to assist me park between two other cars. Presumably both mirrors have the capability to tilt, to cater for RHD and LHD models. Is there any way that my dealer can tinker with the electrics to make both tilt on selection of reverse?

Jeff Hodgson

Honda CRV 2014 - Honda CRV - tilting door mirrors - xtrailman

What does the spec say in the brochure?

Dealers often add extras to enhance the test drive. The tilting mirrors may be available on the top model.

Honda CRV 2014 - Honda CRV - tilting door mirrors - nortones2

Useful site: hondakarma.com/threads/mirrors-dont-tilt.6234/

Honda CRV 2014 - Honda CRV - tilting door mirrors - JeffnSue

The handbook only talks about the nearside mirror tilting on all models but the driver's mirror definitely tilted as well as the nearside on the EX I drove. I thought it might be a simple programming tweak to make both tilt.

Honda CRV 2014 - Honda CRV - tilting door mirrors - Ciprian S

Hi Jeff, thank you, it was driving me crazy. I had a 2015 Honda CR-V SE NAVI I-DTEC for 8 month till I had an accident and I had to replace it. I bought the exact same model and the mirror tilt function works only on the passenger's side. I was sure the mirror tilted on both sides on the first car I owned.

I also had this issue that sometimes the tilt function was working for a long period and then stopped working and then was working again, apparently randomly. It turned out the mirror selection switch must be set to "LEFT" in order for the dipping/tilting to work (that's for a right hand drive, I presume for a left hand drive it must be set for "RIGHT" position).

Does anyone knows if both mirrors can be set to tilt downwards as reversing?

Thank you,

Ciprian

Honda CRV 2014 - Honda CRV - tilting door mirrors - Falkirk Bairn

On my 2012 EX CRV there is a switch on the RHS below the airvent.

positions left & right

Mine is permanently on left as it dips the nearside mirror on selecting reverse.