New shape Yaris - FIRST TOYOTA MOT? Dealer not being clear - SPK15

Ive had a Toyota Yaris just over a year, in the summer local toyota dealer service went all smooth, now the cars first MOT is due. The dealer called and asked to be booked, unfortuntely i work long hours and best day is Sunday for me. They do not do Sunday MOT, so i asked if any garage can do MOT for thr car. I was informed that ,for warranty to be valid, the garage had to be TOYOTA approved. So went on TOYOTA site, find a dealer and can only find 16 in london!!! , all Toyota dealers?

Called my local garage F1 autocentre and they said I can get the mot done , as MOT has nothing to do with Toyota garage?

Is this correct and what if i have any work to be done, will Toyota warranty be valid, as F1 are not just any car service/mot provider.

Pls help to clarify? and if Toyota UK are reading please clarify.

New shape Yaris - FIRST TOYOTA MOT? Dealer not being clear - 72 dudes

Are you sure they are talking about an MOT and not a service??

If it's an MOT, you can take it anywhere.

In the unlikely event that it needs work, take it to Toyota for it to be done, but you'll need to get a re-test done at half price at the place you had the MOT done.

Thank you for your reply, 100% its MOT, as service was completed in the summer. Re your last statement, I am clear but it just seems a lot of running around - test in one place and if work is needed to book with Toyota dealer and take it back for a retest with local garage.

I was hoping to save time and extra work..but I fear the dealers must have a fine clause in the T&C'S under warranty which will termonate the warranty if i get MOT done with anyone other than Toyota dealer.

I also see Honest Johns's site is proudly displyed by Totoya under their MOT page??

New shape Yaris - FIRST TOYOTA MOT? Dealer not being clear - RT

but it just seems a lot of running around - test in one place and if work is needed to book with Toyota dealer and take it back for a retest with local garage.

Check with Toyota UK about warranty dependence on Toyota dealer MoT test - I've never heard of it with other brands - the local Toyota dealer to me uses the same independent as I do for MoT tests!

I deliberately have my MoT done at a trusted independent workshop, a month before it's due - that way I can get any issues dealt with under warranty when the dealer does the service on the vehicle anniversary.

New shape Yaris - FIRST TOYOTA MOT? Dealer not being clear - Hamsafar

Maybe they mean that if it fails the MOT they will repair under warranty, but not if a third party does the MOT and they don't agree with their opinion.

New shape Yaris - FIRST TOYOTA MOT? Dealer not being clear - Auristocrat

First of all, don't expect any manufacturer to respond on a third party forum. If you want to raise a query with Toyota GB, contact them directly via their website - www.toyota.co.uk.

As regards the MOT and servicing, it depends which Toyota warranty you have on the car.

If you have the remainder of the Toyota new car warranty, under Block Exemption, you can have the servicing done at any VAT registered garage and retain the warranty provided the servicing is done to Toyota's requirements.

However, (and I suspect this may be the case) as you have bought the car as a used car, you may have either a Toyota Approved Used warranty or a Toyota Extended warranty. Both of these warranties are outside the terms of Block Exemption, and the warranty provider can stipulate by whom any servicing is carried out. Both of these warranties include MOT Cover - which provides assistance with repairs should the car fail an MOT on certain items within the warranty period. In this case, again, Toyota can stipulate who carries out the MOT in order for the MOT Cover to remain active.

See - www.toyota.co.uk/insurance-and-warranty/extended-w...y

New shape Yaris - FIRST TOYOTA MOT? Dealer not being clear - madf

I suspect the car is just 3 years old and thus covered by the Toyota Manufacturers Warranty - which lasts 5 years.

New shape Yaris - FIRST TOYOTA MOT? Dealer not being clear - Auristocrat

Not necessarily - as the Approved Used warranty offers additonal items over the remainder of the manufacturers warranty such as MOT cover, and 1 year Toyota Roadside Assistance as a minimum

The 5 year new car warranty offers Roadside Assistance for the first year.

Hi all, thanks you , I am a little more clear even though it seems a way of making sure customers are tied with dealers, however i can understand the logic.

Its just does not help when i need the work to be done, i cannot and I have to fit around their times and yet the costs of the dealers are always higher then other weel establised garages.

Thanks anyways.

Spk