Peugeot 107 - Broken car door lock - Ben 10
Noticed passenger door lock on her 107 was not flush with bodywork today. On closer inspection someone has tried to open the door with an implement more likely a screwdriver.
We don't know where or when it was done as she uses central locking on a remote key.
The key will not enter the barrel manually so basically knackered.
What I want to know is, can a motor locksmith replace the lock without having to replace other locks or ignition? And the door is slightly dented around the key entry. Would it be better to have a body shop do the repair and get them to see to the lock?
Trouble is we don't want to go through her insurance as its her first car and first year driving, so affecting her no claims. What sort of cost would she be looking at?
Thanks in anticipation of any advice given.
Peugeot 107 - Broken car door lock - elekie&a/c doctor

On many late model cars it is now only possible to buy a lock set ,which includes all the locks on the car,including the steering lock.If the door locks/unlocks ok with the remote and the damage is not too severe,i would be inclined to leave it alone.It could become a repair more expensive than you think.

Peugeot 107 - Broken car door lock - Ben 10
Phoned Peugeot today to get an idea what the franchise guys charge. I can go for one door barrel, with a reprogrammed key for £53.97+ vat and they charge £348.50+vat to fit. Over £400 due to a toe rag who thought it was clever to try an illegal entry. Thanks mate.
Though that is worse case scenario. I will probably get the lock from them and get an independent to fit.

Edited by Ben 10 on 03/01/2015 at 23:05

Peugeot 107 - Broken car door lock - Chris M

£348.50 + VAT to fit a door lock? The 107 is a very basic car and I can't imagine it would take more than an hour at most to remove the door trim and replace the lock. Or were they quoting for repairing the paintwork as well?

Peugeot 107 - Broken car door lock - gordonbennet

I'd do the same a Elec doc suggests, though i'd remove the door trim and seek to remove the lock, they're usually easy, straighten the door, splash of paint and a bit of anti rust squirty stuff inside if its got scratched, refit lock...you might need to mackle some form of retaining clip up as thats probably been damaged.

Then i'd see about finding a scrapper thats been well smashed, but has one door barrel and a key of any description that fits it intact, then simply fit that barrel to the door in question and just she just keeps the (cut down to bare minimum) spare door key on her keyring in case the central ever packs up and she's unable to access the drivers door for any reason...mind you at £53 for a barrel and lock a new one isn't bad at all.

Once you've got the now damaged barrel out it might even be possible to fix the thing, by refitting the correct tumblers into a new barrel, done that before but years ago when things were made to be mended, you won't know if thats a goer until you have the thing out and in some decent light indoors so you can see whats what.

I'd DiY all this because as you've already found out labour charges are ruinous.

edit..might be worth asking at the Toyota service/parts desk too.

Remember when we used to have a Police force, who once they'd caught a scrote like this would have given him £300 worth to remember, and i don't mean an ASBO either,

Edited by gordonbennet on 04/01/2015 at 12:46