Ford Mondeo Titanium X 163 5dr - Ford Mondeo TDCi 163 sluggish - wozzatdci

I've had my car for 5 months now and have never been happy that its running correctly. I occasionally have trouble starting the car, but my main gripe is it feels down on power and very sluggish particularly pulling away in traffic and around town.

P.s. There are no warning lights on

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 163 5dr - Ford Mondeo TDCi 163 sluggish - Railroad.
Mondeo diesels go like the clappers. How old is yours, and does it have a DPF?
Ford Mondeo Titanium X 163 5dr - Ford Mondeo TDCi 163 sluggish - Peter.N.

Can you feel the turbo coming in at around 1500-2000rpm?

I would say car goes well if I floor it, but under normal day to day driving it does seem noticably sluggish.

Its a 2011 facelifted model so will have a DPF for sure.

Also noticed economy getting worse. Used to get mid 50s now last tank was down to mid 40s. 99% motorway commuting at 70mph.

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 163 5dr - Ford Mondeo TDCi 163 sluggish - Railroad.
I suspect this could be a DPF issue, and one that's blocked with particulate matter and needs replacing. Your worsening fuel economy could be due to the DPF regenerating all the time as it nears the end of its working life.
Oh poo
Ford Mondeo Titanium X 163 5dr - Ford Mondeo TDCi 163 sluggish - elekie&a/c doctor

With no warning lights showing,it may be there are software updates available to resolve your issues.A friend has a similar car and was finding it difficult to drive smoothly with hesitation problems.Ford dealer said the ecu was at least 7 updates out of date and new software transformed the cars performance.

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 163 5dr - Ford Mondeo TDCi 163 sluggish - craig-pd130

With no warning lights showing,it may be there are software updates available to resolve your issues.A friend has a similar car and was finding it difficult to drive smoothly with hesitation problems.Ford dealer said the ecu was at least 7 updates out of date and new software transformed the cars performance.

I'd second this. I had a Mondeo TDCI 140 for over 3 years, mine was a 2008 (built around 9 months after the car was introduced) and had no driveability issues, but the Ford forums had lots of posts about problems with earlier cars, especially the 1.8.

I seem to remember similar issues being reported when the 163bhp version was introduced, some owners were reporting inconsistent performance.

Have a browse of the TalkFord forums in the Mondeo/diesel section.