vauxhall corsa 52 reg - second hand car problems 7 months after buying it - Rich GC

In May 2014 I bought my son a Vauxhall corsa 52 reg from car dealer.

The guy assured me that the car was in great condition and he would put his own kid in it.

So 3 months in to owning the car my borrows the car, the steering is not right, she took it a garage the tyres needed changing as they were down to cord, cv joints gone, bearings completely shot total cost of repair 621.00

Then November the head gasket goes, plus other bits and bobs another 600.00 bill. Plus car has no heat only to find out previous owner filled the rad with rad weald.

So car now stands me in £2.200

This morning, son says oil light staying on, diagnostic oil pump gone.

Where do I stand with this dealer? Who wont take my calls 7 months in and already the cost is mounting up. Do I have legal case or will just be the cars old, wear and tear

vauxhall corsa 52 reg - second hand car problems 7 months after buying it - skidpan

Even on a good day the SOGA would only cover you 6 months, you bought the car 7 months ago so no hope there. Add to that you have to expect wear and tear on old cars and you have no hope at all.

But why on earth did the tyres get that bad. Even a total muppet can visually check them on a regular basis something your son should have been taught to do.

And you cannot fill the radiator with rad weld. You add it to the cooling system and it circulates and mixes.

I would suggest you visit a different garage. The seller might not have sold you a perfect car but the combination of your poor regular checks and a garage that is clearly having a laugh at your expense are costing you dear.

vauxhall corsa 52 reg - second hand car problems 7 months after buying it - FP

[I have replied to this post under its duplicate in Legal.]

vauxhall corsa 52 reg - second hand car problems 7 months after buying it - Avant

As there are more replies to this same thread is Legal, I'll close this one.

We don't need the same thread in two different sections.