Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - VanessaE

Hello

This morning I stupidly put 6.3 litres of petrol in my 05' car. The tank was just under half a tank. I then realised my mistake and filled up with normal diesel and not, as I see from reading elsewhere on here, with the V Nitro.

I then drove 160 miles as I do a round trip every weekend of around 800 miles. I had no problems.

I never normally go much below 1/2 a tank as I fill up both ways on the round trip journey.

Will I get away with it? Should I top up with V Nitro even now at 3/4 tank?

I don't really have the money to get it drained down but worried about the fuel injectors as I know there is a lot of carbon around the injectors.

I didn't notice any increased heat or sputtering from the engine and from what I've read its because the diesel will sit at the bottom of the tank with the petrol on top?

Any advice would be appreciated please.

Kind regards,

Vanessa

Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - Railroad.
If I were you I'd just keep the tank topped up with the correct fuel. Both diesel and petrol are oil based, and whilst they may seperate while stationary they will mix together as the fuel sloshes around in the tank.
Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - RobJP
If I were you I'd just keep the tank topped up with the correct fuel. Both diesel and petrol are oil based, and whilst they may seperate while stationary they will mix together as the fuel sloshes around in the tank.

Agreed. Ensure you don't drop much below half-full for the next 1000 miles or so, and you should be fine

Thanks everyone. Fingers crossed!

Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - jc2

They mix anyway-returning fuel ensures that.

Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - madf

Wehn I did it, I added 1 liter of motorcycle oil to the fuel tank to add lubricity

No probllems two years later

sorry for the ignorance. do i buy that as 2 stroke oil? where do i put it?

sorry i see you said add to the fuel tank.

Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - gordonbennet

Around a 10% mix as you topped the tank up immediately, i expect no problems for you either.

edit...the above sentence is nothing to do with Madf's motorbike oil suggestion, (2T Madf?), they sell standard Two Stroke Oil at Wilkinsons cheaply, you certainly won't do any harm chucking half a cupful in, some people swear by the stuff and use it regularly in their Diesels.

Edited by gordonbennet on 15/12/2014 at 11:50

Thanks very much! I'll add it in this evening

Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - skidpan

they sell standard Two Stroke Oil at Wilkinsons cheaply, you certainly won't do any harm chucking half a cupful in, some people swear by the stuff and use it regularly in their Diesels.

The OP will do no harm to their 05 plated car by spending money on some 2T oil from Wilko's since it will have no DPF but what good it will do is debatable.

Putting 2T oil in the fuel of a newer car may also do no harm but DPF's need low sulphur fuel and engine oil and adding a substance that may not meet those specs will potentially cause much expense.

Why do you think manufacturers tell you to use no oil and fuel additives in the handbook. If these additives were so good don't you think they would have them packaged with thier own label and make it a warranty condition that you use them.

Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - madf

I would normally advise no additives - and certainl;y not to a new car.. but as the car is 9 years old with no DPF and the consequences of it going bang are almost certainly a write off as not an economic repair,..... it would appear to be a sensible precaution..

(I used a full 1 liter of two stroke oil in our 2003 Yaris d4d.. with no ill effects after 8 literss of petrol... and drove gently as there was a slight detonation effect .. It's fine now)

Peugeot 1.6 307HDi - Misfuel - Gibbo_Wirral

There's a big two stroke thread on Peugeotforums.com - members been using it and reporting their findings over time.

www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/2-stroke-29369/

As regards the misfuel, make sure you change the fuel filter and you should be OK.