Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI - Can a battery inspection window be replaced? - Cafm1992

Hello Everyone.

Due to only removing the sticker pointing to it and stupidly not removing the vent plug from a new battery, the inspection window has shot off and battery acid has splashed the engine bay. The battery still seems to work fine, although I have removed it now.

I realise that this is not covered by the warranty, but does anybody know if it is possible to have it repaired?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Cafm1992 on 08/12/2014 at 19:51

Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI - Can a battery inspection window be replaced? - RobJP

I'm sure it is feasible to find an old battery on a car in a scrapyard that has an identical battery, and put it on your battery. However, if you can't, then don't bodge something together.

Don't mess with batteries / battery acid. You only get one set of eyes, and a single splash of acid will lose your sight forever.

Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI - Can a battery inspection window be replaced? - Gibbo_Wirral

I agree. You can get a decent battery with 3 or 5 year warranty quite cheaply at Euro Car Parts at the moment. My local branch is doing a £5 scrappage refund.

Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI - Can a battery inspection window be replaced? - Cafm1992

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have opted to replace the battery and leave the leaking one as a write off. I'll take it to the scrap merchants and see if I can get a couple of quid back for it. From now on I'll always be sure to check for vent plugs on a new car battery.