Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Wheel Clamps really? - slkfanboy

I was suprised last night to see the Car next to mine had been wheel clamped in the Milton Keynes (meteor) train station car park. I assumed that this practice had been stopped in 2012? The driver returned and removed a notice from his windscreen. I did read the notice but was very surprised.

What is the situation these day?

Alex

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Wheel Clamps really? - Bromptonaut

Clamping on private land was outlawed in 2012. The practice is still open to Councils and it's possible that the station car park - or at least the one opposite Santander - are under auspices of the MKBC's CPA/CPZ. ISTR reading something to effect that multi-storey was too. The signage will reference the operator and relevant legislative provision.

Is there an outside possiblity of some other enforcement eg DVLA operating on what might be seen as public land ie land accessible to the public?

I'd not seen clamps used at Northampton station, also Meteor/London Midland territory, since the practice was outlawed.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 05/12/2014 at 11:35

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Wheel Clamps really? - slkfanboy

I did see they guys ticked, so can only think it's a parking ticket. I park in the outdoor area right near to platform 1 and use the service lift.

I often purchase my weekly parking ticket during the day, which is one thing i stop doing if this is the case.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Wheel Clamps really? - daveyjp
DVLA do trawl public car parks and clamp cars without valid VED.