Mercedes for SWMBO - Mark (Brazil)
Thinking about an SLK 320 for the girlie boss.

I've driven it, albeit briefly, and I like it a lot. She likes it also and thinks its top (spanish for cool) - mind you, she drives a 4-Runner and thinks thats top as well, so what does she know !

Anybody got one or had experience and got comments ?

In particular, is there anything about the RHD (which is what I will buy) that I wouldn't have noticed on LHD (the only ones I have had a good look at or drive of).

Especially given HJs comments about the "offset seating position". (see, I did read the site first).

Having said that, I am assuming that an LHD on British roads is a pain in the butt, but I've never driven a "wrong-sided" car in any country, so I wouldn't know for sure. Comments ?

Ta ever so,

Mark.
Re: Mercedes for SWMBO - David Woollard
Have been meeting a girl driving one of these for the last week or so. VBH type (Top Gear), black car - black baseball cap. Very classy combination. Serious improvement on the pink XR3i.

David
When I say meeting! - David Woollard
In case the good lady has a look at the site I must define "meeting". I mean meeting the car being driven in the opp direction at a combined closing speed of 100mph.

Think I'll get away with that.

David
Re: When I say meeting! - Stuart B
David

Mrs B reckons you'll be OK, might just get the d-r stare only set at stun level if its been a bad day though.

Stuart