Seat Ibiza 1,2S 2009 - Starting problems and possible software solution - memsec

My daughter's car often won't start after standing unused for only 2/3 days - no power from the battery. The battery is OK, current drain is acceptable when engine is turned off, it's charging OK with the engine running.

I've read elsewhere that a software upate has solved this problem for other people, but my dealer doesn't know of such a fix. Has anyone else experience of this starting problem, and have they heard of / used this software update to solve the problem successfully, please?

Seat Ibiza 1,2S 2009 - Starting problems and possible software solution - elekie&a/c doctor

You say the current drain is acceptable,but what is it in real figures re amps?

Seat Ibiza 1,2S 2009 - Starting problems and possible software solution - memsec

You say the current drain is acceptable,but what is it in real figures re amps?

0.15A-ish

Seat Ibiza 1,2S 2009 - Starting problems and possible software solution - elekie&a/c doctor

So that is 150ma.Much too high.Should be around 0.06a or 60ma or less.

Ok thanks. I didn't think 150mA would be an issue. Though I guess that's 3.6Ah over a day, and 50% of a 50Ah capacity over 7 days. Enough to cause a starting problem?

Will defo cause a starting problem over 7 days,as only a small capacity battery fitted on these.Any extras fitted?Sat nav,bluetooth ?Anthing linked to the radio system?

Thanks - a few things to think about and look at over the weekend.