Ford Fiesta " T " Reg with air con - Fluid Leak from Air Vent in Footwell - MattyKo

I have recently noticed that there is alot of water in the footwells of my ford fiesta. I first noticed this some time ago but throught it was just excess rain coming in. However since this time the heater blow has become dysfunctional. To this end I changed the COOLANT VALVE however this has not corrected the problem.

I have been told that the HEATER MATRIX requires replacing, which in all honesty I tend to believe to be the problem, this been the source of the water intruding into the footwells.

My vehicle is fitted with air conditioning, so I understand that I am not able to replace the heater matrx myself, due to the requirement for technical tools and know how with the discharging and recharging of the system. Does anyone know the estimated cost for this work to be done at a garage.

Also is it quite probable that the heater matrix is the cause of the heater not been able to be turned down and the intrusion of water into the footwell.

Look forward to hearing from anyone concerning this matter.

Also during the replacement of the coolant valve, disconnected battery and my radio requires the code to be input, serial number M045774

Ford Fiesta " T " Reg with air con - Fluid Leak from Air Vent in Footwell - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you need to establish if the water in the footwells is in fact coolant.Are you losing any coolant from the radiator expansion bottle?What colour is the water leak?The heater matrix leaking or not ,is not the cause of you not being able to turn the heat off.This could be a faulty valve,control panel or wiring issue.Replacing the matrix is not a difficult job,it is done from the engine bay area ,below the wiper linkage,but you need the equipt to discharge and decouple the a/c pipe fittings .A garage would probably charge 2-3 hours labour.

Ford Fiesta " T " Reg with air con - Fluid Leak from Air Vent in Footwell - alastairq

Check the heater plenum drain pipe.

This can be found under the carpet, just to the left of the clutch pedal, behind the centre consol.

In my experience, it can become dislodged by one's left foot when not on the clutch pedal.

It goes through a hole in the floor, whose grommet can be split. This allows water in from puddles, also, rain water that collects in the heater drains onto the carpet.

Re-instate, a bit of gunge around the grommet, and see what difference it makes? [it does mean some grovelling behind the clutch pedal, however] :)