Honda CRV 2005 2,2 diesel - misguide of DPF -have replaced the pre-converter - clint66

I bee missguided by a pal and have replaced the pre-converter to my CRV instead to replace the right DPF ; the problem - light glow in the dash board - occured a while ago when the engine lost power and I have been to dealer and have performed the regeneration but didn´t last much - 1919km only . City driving short distances got me the dpf light again , when I decided to replace the dpf with a new one ; I did not do it with the dealer due to high price but with an authorized workshop ; It has been removed the right part ( the DPF by the mechanics) but following my pal instructions ( he was working 7 years with Honda as car mechanic ) I told them , "this is not the dpf " - I meant the part of the exhaust that has two small pipes attached - and also " I want you to remove for me this part because that´s the DPF (??) " and , due to the fact the mechanics of that workshop do not face every day such cars (situations ) they have removed what I asked them do do ; and that was pre-converter - catalytic convertor - ...

Afterward I been to Honda dealer in order to reinitialize "the new Dpf " and over there I found out The Big Error ! They cleaned one more time , and wrote on the invoice : <customer claimed DPF replaced ; the pre-converter was replaced ; performed cleaning of DPF >

Now I drive the car longer distances then before , using DPF super concentrate150ml 5862 200 500 , and the car seems going well ; also keeping the 2500-2700/rpm on second speed mode , and 3000-3500/rpm on 3rd speed .

Does anyone think I will get the dpf stuck again , and the warning light will glow ? I also got a feedback since I have replaced the pre-converter , it is a good deed since this works together with the converter , gets the heat from the pre-converter and everything together, ,

Many thanks in advance ,

Honda CRV 2005 2,2 diesel - misguide of DPF -have replaced the pre-converter - Railroad.
My advise is get rid of it and buy a petrol. By the sounds of it your usage isn't suited to a diesel equipped with a DPF.
Honda CRV 2005 2,2 diesel - misguide of DPF -have replaced the pre-converter - Railroad.
My advice is get rid of it and buy a petrol. By the sounds of it your usage isn't suited to a diesel equipped with a DPF.
Honda CRV 2005 2,2 diesel - misguide of DPF -have replaced the pre-converter - madf

I belive DPF was not fitted to this model in 2005

Honda CRV 2005 2,2 diesel - misguide of DPF -have replaced the pre-converter - gordonbennet

Son/DiL's model of this year hasn't given the slightest problem, for the last 5 years its spent every weekday travelling 3 or 4 miles each way to the station with at least one stop en route each journey, only gets a long run about once or twice a month.

As Madf, i don't think its got a DPF, if it has it's remarkably tolerant of the use.

Honda CRV 2005 2,2 diesel - misguide of DPF -have replaced the pre-converter - clint66

Thanks for the answer pal , but how come at the last cleaning the dealer said/pointed/voted that right under the car where the converter is , ( or they said its called diesel particle filter ) and to replace it , will cost me a considerably amount -4500 euro .

Honda CRV 2005 2,2 diesel - misguide of DPF -have replaced the pre-converter - Xena
I own a 2005 mk2 diesel CR-V and it definitely doesn't have a DPF. It is fitted with two individual catalytic converters though.

Thanks again , then to have a picture here is a large difference between a DPF and a catalytic converter ; sounds that converters does not require replacement does it ? and the warning lamp how shall I combat that friends please ? : no often city driving , the rpm shall keep it over 2500 , or using once in a while a cleaning super concentrate in order to have that convertors clean and less sot inside , ,

Hi Xena , have you replaced any of the catalytic converter on your car -or regenerating at honda dealer please ?

-also how do you keep the sot out - often longer drivings , using any super concentrate in the tank , ,

Thanks , I ´ll appreciate

Honda CRV 2005 2,2 diesel - misguide of DPF -have replaced the pre-converter - Xena

We've owned this vehicle form new and it's has been completely faultless. It runs on supermarket fuel and we've not replaced the catalytic converters or any emissions related components. I do remember that Honda replaced the EGR valve as part of a recall several years ago. Might your problems be related to the EGR valve? I know they can get coked up and sometimes require a clean out.

Thanks a lot Xena -I appreciate :)

I will check that out and get here a feedback .

Best ,

Hi Xena ,

May I ask please about the EGR location of our crv ? is it the valve closer to oil filter maybe , because I wonder if I can open it alone and try to clean it with carbon spray .

Else the car runs fine now but just to make sure for the exhaust gases recirculation I am thinking - and NOT to see that small lamp glow in the dash board again :)

Many thanks ,

Yes, it's the one next to the oil filter. This website has very good exploded parts diagrams www.lingshondaparts.com which you may find helpful.

Thank you very much Xena , and I can see the real picture here now : according with my chassis no , there were manufactured two types of vehicle like mine - one with DPF (for Europe countries , ) and the other one , without DPF as for , , UK .

I have checked out with the site you sent me Xena , and I can see you don´t have that on your car -No absolutely - but unfortunately it is there on my vehicle my friend so I have to carry on that way and use long drivings , cleaner every 3rd tank and so on :)

I see that this dpf in UK costs 3,740 pounds - here in Norway I can get it (from dealer ) fixed with only 2,500 pounds (about) ; they said will help out .

One thing I would like to point : I will not send ever this vehicle to anyone since is there this issue ; beside it is a fantastic car and very very reliable and strong .

Now , as I said I have replaced the pre-converter -being misslead - I only pray for some moths -hopefully four months - to save the funds and buy to my car a new dpf ; or , I can skip the vacation next year just to solve that sickness out , don´t you agree ;-))

Thanks again and pleasure to get all the hits and help here guys .

Best ,

a little completion over here ;
-as I said there were manufactured two of these CRV types looks like according with the exhaust displayed on the motor parts details on the site I have checked out from Xena ; So over there in UK were not sold CRV vehicles with DPF equipped - but in the rest of Europe ; this car I have bought it from Germany back in 2008 and I have imported to Norway .
- another and last point was , I will never sell this car due to this issue ; CRV of this model and yes with the brilliant diesel engine , makes it a very robust and reliable car - comfortable for commuting as with utility activities as well .
I use to have an Accord about many years ago and even I have used that car over 7 years never had any issue ,never any leaking or complain over ; I exchange it with a Passat and with some extra cash and then I got trouble for all the period I drove that WV , till I sold it and never want a german car again : there is a word over here : the germans they make very comfortable cars :-))

Again thanks to all .