Co-op Insurance wear you down - pullgees

Has anyone had problems corresponding with the Co-op Insurance? On two occasions within the same claim I've had to duplicate my accident report, once with their main claims dept and once with their legal dept. This has mean't drawing the same diagram four times. Both departments say they did not receive the original letters blaming the post. You can blame the post once but not twice surely. It seems to me they are not coping efficiently with claims and are loosing paperwork or a long lag between receiving the paperwork and entering details onto their computers.

Co-op Insurance wear you down - RobJP

Registered post is the answer. In addition, any 'official' documents that I need to send I photograph on my mobile phone, or scan into my computer, to have as a backup.

Unfortunately, some companies do try to hide their incompetence by creatively losing documents.

Co-op Insurance wear you down - Galaxy

Send everything by e-mail. They can't deny, then, that they've received it, plus you have a copy of everything that's been sent.

Co-op Insurance wear you down - quizman

I'm with the NFU Mutual. When you have an accident you phone them and you are directed to an accident repair firm who do the job and lend you a car.

There were no forms to fill in with "the dog ran in front of the car" type rubbish. They just get on with the job.

If there are any problems you ring and speak to someone in Britain whose first language is English.

Co-op Insurance wear you down - skidpan

I'm with the NFU Mutual. When you have an accident you phone them and you are directed to an accident repair firm who do the job and lend you a car.

There were no forms to fill in with "the dog ran in front of the car" type rubbish. They just get on with the job.

If there are any problems you ring and speak to someone in Britain whose first language is English.

Exactly the same with Aviva.

When dad bent the Micra on a Wednesday morning I rang Aviva on Thursday and they asked a few simple questions and then arranged for a local authorised repair company to collect the car the following morning before 10.00 am. Although he had a garanteed courtesy car he decided not to bother, at 85 he did not want to start driving a different car.

Collection driver rang me at 8.00 and and was at dads by 8.30. Took photo's of damage and noted other minor chips etc that were nothing to do with it. Repair company rang me Moday to say damage was just over £1000 (on a car worth about £3500 on a forcourt) and work had been authorised. They rang again Wednesday to say car should be ready Friday but that unfortunately did not quite happen since they did not get it valetted in time. Car delivered back Monday, they just took the excess from his card.

Nobody wants to bend their car with the stress it can create but both Aviva and the repair company made it as stress free as possible.

Co-op Insurance wear you down - pullgees

Emails can be a no no with some, for instance Swindon won't accept emails, concerned about viruses they say and I'm not sure if signed copies of documents can be sent by email either.. Yes I will send by recorded delivery next time. Iwas with Swindon, now with Co-op, they all seem to have their particular porblems. I used to be with a high street broker they were wonderful sadly Swindon bought them over.

Co-op Insurance wear you down - Avant

It's good to hear a positive story about Aviva - thanks Skidpan.

A few years ago my car was stolen from my driveway and Aviva simply wouldn't believe me, virtually accusing me of fraud. They changed their mind only when the police (who were excellent and believed me throughout) recovered the car.

I suspect it depends who answers the phone.

Pullgees - the best thing to do is change your insurer!

Edited by Avant on 21/11/2014 at 18:49

Co-op Insurance wear you down - Armitage Shanks {p}

NFU may be very good; my only exoerience of them was a through the roof insurance quote for a very ordinary standard mainstream car. Like £800 v £254 from Aviva

Co-op Insurance wear you down - quizman

That sounds as if they didn't want you!

Last year I paid the NFU Mutual £909 for fully comp and business use for a BMW 520, VW Golf 1.9 and a Land Rover Defender.

Co-op Insurance wear you down - Engineer Andy

That sounds as if they didn't want you!

Last year I paid the NFU Mutual £909 for fully comp and business use for a BMW 520, VW Golf 1.9 and a Land Rover Defender.

I too got a huge price (fully comp/protected NCD with standard business use) quoted for my Mazda3 1.6 a few years ago (£650 for NFU as opposed to most others between £275 - £400), which was especially high considering I do only about 5-10k miles a year (depending upon whether I work in London or more locally [travelling by car locally]), am in a low risk area/career and have had 14 years accident free! They might be good at customer service, but given how often I would claim, I can't justify such an annual outlay.

Maybe I should buy a Landy or live on a farm to get a discount!

Co-op Insurance wear you down - skidpan

We have got the Seat Leon 1.4 TSi 140 (max NCB garanteed 16,000 miles), the Kia Ceed SW 1.6 CRDI (max NCB garanteed 16,000 miles) and the Nissan Micra Acenta (intro NCB 8,000 miles) all with Aviva. Total £520.

Co-op Insurance wear you down - Steveieb

Like to report how pleased i have been with a repair carried out by my insurers More than following a side swipe on the door of my van.

Van was collected on time and a replacement provided by Enterprise who were brilliant in providing a lift to their local depot.

Repairs carried out really well and the van delivered bck to me by transporter to coincide with the return of the hire van.

Really impressed no excess to pay and £1 deposit for van returned to my card.