VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - RichT54

Jack Cottle who drove a car on to the Brands Hatch circuit during a race has been jailed for eight months.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30082212

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - Bobbin Threadbare
Good. What a ridiculous thing to do, and with his poor girlfriend screaming in fright as he drove her car (!) in that stupid way. All of the pictures of him in the paper show him looking smug and grinning. Idiot.
VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - FP

It was ridiculous behaviour and the guy deserves punishment, as much for its deterrent value as for any other reason - but eight months' imprisonment?

More serious crimes involving physical suffering to their victims is punished by less.

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - alan1302

It was ridiculous behaviour and the guy deserves punishment, as much for its deterrent value as for any other reason - but eight months' imprisonment?

More serious crimes involving physical suffering to their victims is punished by less.

So should he get less? Or should the others get more? :-)

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - Avant

You'd have thought that Brands Hatch would have security barriers to make that impossible.

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - jc2

Yes-it worries me that he could get onto the track in the first place.

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - carr

He was treating it like a race track.

Doesn't he know that there are miles of public road if you want to drive like an idiot ? In the unlikely event that you are caught you are unlikely to be sent to jail.

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - RichT54

With regards to the severity of the sentence, he didn't help his defence by making a pathetic post on facebook justifying his action.

A copy of that post can be seen here:

www.carthrottle.com/the-idiot-who-drove-his-vw-pol.../

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - Bilboman

I would have added a further eight years for such a vicious unprovoked attack on the English language in his Facebook post.

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - madf

Sterilisation would be better fo the future of the human race.

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - Sulphur Man

I thought he took Druids rather well.

The only excuse could be 'It's a Polo, m'lud. I was desperate to feel something. Anything.'

VW Polo - Idiot Brands Hatch driver jailed for eight months - skidpan

You'd have thought that Brands Hatch would have security barriers to make that impossible.

I have been to more than a few race venues over the years and other than emergency vehicle/break down vehicle access the only track access is through the pit lane/paddock. To get into the paddock you require a paddock pass.

Never seen a physical barrier at the pit exit but the track access is always manned by marshals.

But if you were a marshall and a muppet in a Polo drove at you what would you do, try to stop him or save yourself.

Edited by skidpan on 25/11/2014 at 16:22