Peugeot 407 SW - Over revving issues - really need help!! - Doodles66

Please please please can someone help - I have a problem with my car over revving, it has happened now about 5 times, and it has been into Peugeot for a week, and they cannot find the cause of the problem, even though they have witnessed it happening. It is quite scary when it happens - when I have stationery or slowing down, its as if it does not want to, and keeps revving on its own, even when I have my foot on the brake. I have had the AA out once and they followed me to the garage (Peugoet, as he recommended), and he thought it was a over run valve??

I have today discovered (which could be relevant), that it seems to happen when its raining (sounds strange I know), but when I think back, it has been raining each time its happened, and part way into my journey when it starts - it is fine in the dry whetehr??

I phoned peugoet again this morning and asked if this triggers anything with them and asked for help again - that was at 9.10am, and it is now 1.50pm, and nothing from them - why will no one help me - OK my car is a 54 plate, but, its a good car normally. Just need help to get it fixed. Desperate woman ;-)

Peugeot 407 SW - Over revving issues - really need help!! - Peter.N.

I don't think its a question of no one wanting to help you its probable that no one reading your post has ever experienced this problem. Modern cars are very complicated, diagnosing permanent faults is difficult enough, intertmittent ones are somtimes almost impossible.

Have you had the fault codes read? that will sometimes show up an intermittent problem. If it only happens when its raining there is a possibility that water ingress to the electronics is the problem but unless someone has actually experienced this and found the problem its going to be very difficult to solve.

Peugeot 407 SW - Over revving issues - really need help!! - mss1tw
As Peter suggests. Also I think live sensor data being interpreted by someone who knows about modern systems would be useful - any dodgy values should jump out at them. It would need to happen while they were in the car with their equipment though.
Peugeot 407 SW - Over revving issues - really need help!! - elekie&a/c doctor
Not enough info here.There is no mention of engine size,petrol,diesel ,auto or manual box.
Peugeot 407 SW - Over revving issues - really need help!! - madf
Not enough info here.There is no mention of engine size,petrol,diesel ,auto or manual box.

Or year...Or model type..

Sorry, I am new to this - it is a 2 litre HDi executive, diesel, automatic.

Hi

I would have thought going to the Peugeot dealer, would have been the best bet - this is my problem, they cannot find the fault??

Sorry, I am new to this, I didnt mean I was not getting help on here, I meant from Peugeot.

THe car has been in the Peugeot garage for a week, and they cannot find it - put it on diagnostics and nothing to do with problem, the codes that have come up. I am baffled.

Peugeot 407 SW - Over revving issues - really need help!! - Gibbo_Wirral

Sadly this is nothing new. Luckily there's a very good knowledgable community of 407 owners at www.407owners.com where just about every issue with the 407 is well documented.

Join up and post your problem there and I'm sure they'll be much better than Peugeot.