Saab 900 1996 - Mr Fox
Hello,

I am considering buying a circa 1996 Saab 900 for my wife, she wants something a bit stronger than her Clio, due to the menace of 4x4 driving mums round here. but something different with a bit of style.

Anyhow, What is the longeivity of these cars like ? for example if I find a good, well maintained example, but with a lot of miles - like 120 000 would it be a reasonable bet so long as the price is not more than £ 2 - 2500 ?

I would be interested in your experiences, I have read the car by car breakdown.

Marc

Saab 900 1996 - Soupytwist
I can't be specific about the longevity of Saabs but people tend to hang on to them for a long time.
If you're anywhere near Essex, Abbott Racing have got a 95 one for sale according to their website. My wife rejected the idea of it on the basis of it being too big but it seems worth a look.

www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htm

Look in sales and then New 900.

Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.
Saab 900 1996 - Mike H
Your logic is sound, and the price right for what you suggest. The 1995 900 is not a drivers car but would be a good solid choice for your wife. Look at the forums on the Saab Owners Club website for a flavour of the car at saabclub.co.uk.

You could consider a 9000 - bigger and roomier, you could get a moderate mileage 1993-94 model for what you want to pay.