VW Golf mk7 GT DSG 1.4tsi - Auto Hold - Ian91
Having problem with the auto hold on my golf, when the auto hold is on the car jerks forward, ie not a smooth take off. Had it back to the dealers and they have put the car on diagnostics and there is no problem showing up. Also the tech guy tested a similar model and said it was a characteristic of the car, it only seems to be jerky when on the flat and works ok on a hill, not too sure what to do next other than turn it off as in my opinion it's not operating correctly.
I also don't like the term characteristic of the car just because they cannot find a fault. The car is @5 months old and has done this from new (back to dealer 4 times) any advice from members?
VW Golf mk7 GT DSG 1.4tsi - Auto Hold - skidpan

I have a Seat leon 1.4 TSi Mk3, exact same car as the Golf 1.4 TSi except for the pointless ACT (which Seat now fit).

Hill start (presume that is what you mean by Auto Hold) works perfectly, releases as soon as you start moving the clutch pedal.

But you say yours is only a problem on the flat. Cannot understand that comment. Its not supposed to work until you are on a hill over a certain gradient.

On the golf there is a separate switch for auto hold which holds the car when it comes to a halt, a bit like the handbrake. Unlike the handbrake which operates on the rear wheels the auto hold controls the abs and works all the time whether the car is on a hill or just at a junction/traffic lights. When it works ok it is great but with mine instead of releasing smoothly it is a jerky start. However the dealer seems to think it is ok!

Its not hill start then.

No, on the Mk6 Golf there was a 2-3 second hold on a hill when you press the brake, which stopped the car rolling back, but on the Mk7 this has been replaced with the auto hold and also the electronic handbrake (EPB)

Sounds like the Mk 6 was the same as the Leon wheras the Mk 7 has a different system.