Mercedes Benz E Class - Mercedes Benz UK & Dealership - Mitch.

In July our Mercedes Benz E350 (2011) 25,000 miles went for a service at an authorised dealership. this requires a transmission oil change. Upon driving home the car made a noise under acceleration. The car was returned and after investigation the dealership took responsibility stating the oil was contaminated and they would flush and re do.

This did not repair the car. Subsequently, the car had a transmission replaced. A noise was still heard and traced to a torque converter unit, it was replaced. After one replacement the issue becomes a parts warranty claim with MB UK.

It is now October and the car is going back tomorrow again. 400 miles were achieved this time before a noise within the transmission returned.

I have spoken many times to MBUK who have the worst customer service of any company I have ever used. They take notes give you a reference and say speak to the dealer.

The dealership are following warranty and quality processes by MB UK.

We have a car though since July which has spent more time away from us than with us. the dealer are supplying a car to use however they have proposed a discount of a new car (E Class).

The only reason have a broken Mercedes is because now, the faulty parts from MBUK. The work is free under warranty (Torque convertors and transmissions being replaced) however we cannot even sell or trade in the car elsewhere because it is not safe to do so.

We feel forced to accept the situation and trade it into the dealership and accept the discount off a new car.

However we feel this is forcing us to pay £23,000 for a new replacement when we had a perfectly good car before the service in July. They even want us to pay for new road tax, new delivery, licence transfer costs, we will need a to start a new service plan etc..

Any thoughts please?

Mercedes Benz E Class - Mercedes Benz UK & Dealership - RobJP

The only reason have a broken Mercedes is because now, the faulty parts from MBUK. The work is free under warranty (Torque convertors and transmissions being replaced) however we cannot even sell or trade in the car elsewhere because it is not safe to do so.

If the car is being repaired by MB, then why is it not safe to sell or trade the car in anywhere else ?

Mercedes Benz E Class - Mercedes Benz UK & Dealership - Palcouk

Some years ago I leased a 300cd direct from MB at a wholy owned MB garage I found there attitude appauling, they tried to fob me off when the vehicle had a warranty fault. Some 3 years later I leased an E300cdi direct from a leasing Company, I used to go to an MB garrage in France for its service, no rubber plants and I had to pay for coffee but at least the service & cost were reasonable and there attitude was OK.

It seems to me that MB are not realy interested in the Customer unless the customer is buying, and then only if they renew every 3 years. I Had many freinds with MB's and they were all of the same opinion.

That being the case if MB are repairing under warranty theres nothing to stop you selling elswhere when any repair is complete.

I've since purchased from Lexus - wonderful customer care

Thanks for reply.

The cars last repair wasanother torque converter and in the week we have had it back and 400 miles covered the same fault returned. It is going back to the dealership - the car effectively is unsafe to drive. We cannot sell or trade in a car with a known fault and this repeated history of failures - the transmission slips which means upon accelration the car does not respond to the throttle consistantly leaving the driver vulnerable.

Mercedes Benz E Class - Mercedes Benz UK & Dealership - oldroverboy.

Sounds to me as if an incorrect procedure is being followed during reinstallation and filling up with transmission fluid. why not ask in technical?

I have spoken to both dealer technical and they have spoken to MB UK technical.

4 mths and they do no know why the transmissions are failing and why the torque converters are failing.

The oil was tested in August - results = inconclusive...

If MB UK and Mercedes AG cannot produce a solution you begin to wonder which I why I posted here...

Mercedes Benz E Class - Mercedes Benz UK & Dealership - Avant

Let's move this over to Technical in case there are any more suggestion to add to the helpful ones above.

I would only add that your contract is with the dealer, not M-B UK, so there is never much benefit to be had fron approaching the manufacturer unless you want to suggest some improvement to the car you have.

Mercedes Benz E Class - Mercedes Benz UK & Dealership - daveyjp

If you haven't done so join one of the Mercedes Forums and ask the question with them. There are some on there who know Mercs inside out and spend each and every day fixing them.

I was checking the forums over the weekend and it just reconfirmed that problems exits with these transmissions.

The dealership is replaing the transmission and toruq converter again at the moment. - MB UK warranty are paying, however it is moving to its 5th month and so we had to accept the offer and purchase a new mercedes. In a couple of years we can trade in for another manufacturer, slow but we will leave mercedes because for any manufacturer not to send UK technical people to help repair a car and or apologise to their customers for a shambolic operation is unforgiveable.

John Lewis again really shows the way in customer care and efficiency. If only Lexus made suitable cars to compete it would be a no brainer.

Mercedes Benz E Class - Mercedes Benz UK & Dealership - skidpan

Totally beyond me why you have PX'd the car against another Mercedes (who you are clearly unhappy with) with the intension of trading in the new car in 2 years time against another brand.

Why did you not trade it in against another brand now once Mercedes have fixed it.

Sound like a very expensive way of motoring.