Golf 2ltr cabriolet year 2000, mk4 front - Driver's door electric window - golfauto11

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with the above window? It won't always lower at all via the switch, sometimes if I press the up position first it will lower. Also on raising it, it goes up half way, then goes back down again. It works fine, up and down using the key in the outside door lock.

Golf 2ltr cabriolet year 2000, mk4 front - Driver's door electric window - Cyd

It sounds like the anti trap mechanism has failed - either the electronics (unlikley) or the hall sensors in the motor (more likely and assuming the motor has hall sensors).

There is usually an over-ride system for getting the window all the way up (via the outside lock by the sounds of it). Consult the owners manual for an interior over-ride method (there might not be one for safety reasons).

most likely you need a new motor (if VW have ordaned that the motor can be split from the regulator). You'll probably only get a full regulator secondhand (the car won't be worth the price of a new one from the dealer).

Golf 2ltr cabriolet year 2000, mk4 front - Driver's door electric window - focussed

Try lubricating the channels that the glass slides in with some silicone spray, if the glass is stiff in the slides the anti-trap will operate without the window getting to top.

Golf 2ltr cabriolet year 2000, mk4 front - Driver's door electric window - golfauto11

Thanks for that but I am pretty sure it's electrical. Sometimes I have to push the switch in the up direction, before it will lower by pushing the switch in the down position.

Thanks for the advice. I actually got talking to another owner of an identical Golf today, they have got exactly the same problem with theirs.

Golf 2ltr cabriolet year 2000, mk4 front - Driver's door electric window - elekie&a/c doctor
Can,t remember if this model has both one touch up and down as previous cabrio only had down.Could be a switch fault as this is a different circuit to the one operated from the door lock.