Car sold....PCN appears.... - Bobbin Threadbare
My partner sold his car on Sept 29th; he bought brand new and part exed his old vehicle. He sent off the Vc5 to the DVLA when he picked up his new car the next day. He lives about fifty miles away from the dealership he used.

Fast forward to today, and he has a PCN from a supermarket dated Oct 3rd. Someone either bought his old car very quickly or one of the dealership staff used the car. Nobody would have nicked it as it's a 12 year old Citroen. The mind boggles as to why anyone would park at a supermarket for that long anyway.

Suffice it to say, I don't believe he is liable under Popla but I would like to check this. I do understand that it depends on what the DVLA had as information when the parking company purchased the details, but they have processed this very rapidly and then waited nearly three weeks to send it.

Am I right about his lack of liability?
Car sold....PCN appears.... - daveyjp
One of the POPLA grounds is you aren't liable due to change of ownership.

Appeal to the ticket provider first using this ground.
Car sold....PCN appears.... - concrete

Hello Bobbin, Change of ownership is a definite factor in a POPLA appeal. Presumably your partner will have a purchase invoice for his new vehicle which may also include details of the part exchange vehicle. If you can be bothered try sending a copy of this to the 'parking sharks' with a polite note to go forth and multiply. Then totally ignore them. They won't take you to court and if they do you will win hands down because you have rock solid evidence your partner no longer owned nor had possession of the vehicle. They are not really worth the time,ink, paper and postage to conduct a protracted argument so let them stew on it. You are fireproof on this one. Best of luck and let us know the outcome.

Cheers Concrete

Car sold....PCN appears.... - Bobbin Threadbare
Thanks guys. Will update the post with the outcome. You have confirmed what I reckoned but he does very little driving and he got a bit worried!