Ford Mondeo IV (2007 - 2013) - Zetec Sports Pack? - 1af

Hi,

New to forum but can't find a discussion which answers my query, so here goes:

Can anyone clarify exactly what the alteration to the suspension is in the Zetec sports pack? is it lowered, stiffened, both or something else? and if possible does anyone know where i could source a Ford "spec sheet" or similar to compare standard with sports pack?

thanks in advance,

S

Ford Mondeo IV (2007 - 2013) - Zetec Sports Pack? - skidpan

Originally Zetec was the name Ford use for an engine, then it became confused and also became a trim spec, visually it was supposed to be sporty, alloy wheels for starters. Fords usual marketing expertise that charges you a small fortume for a few extra bits that cost 1/2 of sod all.

Every Zetec I have looked at in the past in the Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo was mechanically identical to the Style/LX or whatever they called the basic trim at the time.

But Ford have included models in the Focus and Mondeo range that were badged Zetec S and these did include lowered sports suspension and rubber band tyres. No idea if it was stiffer but the cars we definitely less compliant on the roads I drove them on.

Basically try both, if you are happy buy away, if not keep the money and keep looking.

Both the Mondeo and Focus Zetecs we had were great riding and handling cars, way better than other similar models at the time.

Hi skidpan,

thanks for your prompt response. i already have the car in question but only recently realised i had to declare any modifications to my car insurer (silly i know!).

the car itself is simply badged as Mondeo Zetec (no 'S'), but has an additional "sports pack" which includes 17 inch alloys, rear spoiler and "sports" suspension. ultimately i need to know if this modification to suspension falls into 1 of 3 categories:

1. <5cm lower

2. 5-12.5cm lower

3. other, not lowered

From what i can see around the web some say it is 30mm lower, others say it's not lowered but simply stiffer. Do you (or anyone else?) know the answer or where else I could try and find the answer?

all help is greatly appreciated

Ford Mondeo IV (2007 - 2013) - Zetec Sports Pack? - skidpan

but has an additional "sports pack" which includes 17 inch alloys, rear spoiler and "sports" suspension

If this was a genuine Ford "sports pack" all you need to tell the insurer is the car is fitted with Fords "sport pack".

If it was a pile of bits fitted by the previous owner best of luck finding out what is actually on it.

Ford Mondeo IV (2007 - 2013) - Zetec Sports Pack? - Happy Blue!

My S-Max is a Titanium but is different from other Titaniums becasue it has 18" wheels and a body kit, all fitted at the factory (plus lots of other factory fitted extras). I have never declared these to the insurer as as far as I am concerned they came with the car from the factory and I bought second hand from a Ford dealer. Therefore I have not made any modifications.

thanks for responses again guys.

i am insured with admiral and they specifically state that a modification is

"...a cosmetic or performance change to the car away from the manufacturer's standard specification (including optional extras)"

I would like to know what the modification physically is. It was a Zetec with factory fitted ford spec "sports pack" which included the 3 things noted in my last post, it just doesn't specify exactly what the have done to the suspension and that's what i would like to know if anyone can help?