Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra C 1.8 (2003) - Using wrong oil, fault codes - Ian Young

I've been using semi-synthetic 10w40 to top up my oil every few hundred miles over the past year. I now know I should have been using 5w30 fully synthetic. I have just started to get the following fault codes:-

P0036 - Generic H02S Bank 1 Sen 2 Heater Circuit

P0136 - Generic O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Would using the wrong grade of oil (I now know I should have been using 5w30 fully synthetic) be a likely cause of these fault codes? In addition to these codes, idling is surging.

I have now purchased enough 5w30 fully syntehtic for a complete oil change but am unsure as to whether there is anything else I should do?

Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra C 1.8 (2003) - Using wrong oil, fault codes - Wackyracer

As the fault code is for a post cat heater circuit I doubt very much that it was caused by the wrong oil. 10w40 is suitable for cars with catalytic convertors.

It maybe the Oxygen sensor's heater has gone open circuit or it might be a wiring problem .

Check the resistance of the heater by connecting an ohm meter across the 2 white wires of the sensor at the plug.

Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra C 1.8 (2003) - Using wrong oil, fault codes - Railroad.
How on earth would the incorrect grade of oil be the cause of an O2 sensor heater circuit fault? Your problem is electrical and most likely a failed heater coil within the oxygen swnsor. Test it for resistance between the two white wires with an ohmmeter. If it's open circuit replace the sensor.
Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra C 1.8 (2003) - Using wrong oil, fault codes - Ian Young

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm going to take a look at the sensor this afternoon and will report back here once I know more. Cheers!