any - Foreign cars not taxed - oldroverboy.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscellaneous/2014-10/po.../

any - Foreign cars not taxed - Bolt

I was under the impression, our police were overstretched/underfunded/undermanned as it is, without sorting them out as well

But then it`s a bit more income!, if they can get it?

any - Foreign cars not taxed - Cyd

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of these cars round our way. All those Eastern Europeans working at Magna Park and DIRFT. Unfortunately the East Midlands isn't included in the pilot, so these death traps will continue to ride around here unimpeded.

I guess we'll have to continue to wait till someone dies a firey death before action is taken. But then, what's new?

any - Foreign cars not taxed - colinh

Just for balance - there are still many untaxed UK cars in Spain being driven by expats. The main problem isn't non-payment of tax, but they don't have valid insurance. Of course, the owners welcomed the ending of the tax disc.

any - Foreign cars not taxed - Bolt

I think they would have been better off putting the duty on fuel, it would save all the aggravation of collecting from non payers, but then again why do things the easy way!

unless they are saying the police have nothing better to do ?

any - Foreign cars not taxed - Cyd

I think they would have been better off putting the duty on fuel, it would save all the aggravation of collecting from non payers

Of course they would have, and sure it would have done......

...but then that would have prevented the Government (via the DVLA) of relieving motorists of another £70 million a year (or thereabouts) by making us all pay double VED for the month that every car changes hands.

Legalised highway robery...literally.

any - Foreign cars not taxed - mountaineer

colinh

I would be interested to know why you say in such a blanket fashion that all these cars are not insured, almost as if it were a requirement.

Edited by mountaineer on 19/10/2014 at 14:20

any - Foreign cars not taxed - bananastand

What proportion, do you think, of, say, Romanian motorists in the UK will pay car tax, if they perceive it as being voluntary?

any - Foreign cars not taxed - Alanovich

Probably the same or similar proportion as English ones in Spain.

any - Foreign cars not taxed - alan1302

Probably the same or similar proportion as English ones in Spain.

LOL Very true - if insurance was not compulsorary in the UK there would be plenty of people that didn't have it.