Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - Ed V

First sounds of dodgy bearings heard about 150 miles ago. How fast do I need to get replacements?

Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - 520i
Depends how long you can live with the constant humming for; they'll run for ages like it.
Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - geordielad

I've had it both ways, I had a Renault 19 front bearing that hummed for 6 months before I got around to changing it. The current Kia Carens went from a slight niose to "I daren't drive it any further" in less than 100 miles.

Jonathan.

Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - christo

Are you sure it is the wheel bearings? I have had cars in the past that have exibited a similar noise with worn tyres, especially on concrete surfaces. Check the the tyre tread depth and if they are worn, you may only need new tyres. Alternatively if one bearing or more are very noisy, it will leave you in no doubt.

Good luck!

Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - Peter.N.

I drove a Citroen CX for many many thousands of miles miles with a noisey wheel bearing, eventually it sounded like a tram so I changed it - thought I had gone deaf, was still working OK though.

Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - Cyd

It could run another 100,000. Or it could leave you stranded tomorrow.

Personally I'd have it changed asap.

Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - Ed V

Thanks to all responders - off the the garage tomorrow.

Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - elekie&a/c doctor

Most likely to be a rear bearing.Fortune from Honda ,but available in aftermarket for a lot less.(it is a complete assembly,not just a bearing)

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 19/10/2014 at 22:27

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-JAZZ-1-2-1-3-1-4-2002-08-...0

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-JAZZ-1984-85-NEW-FRONT-WH...a

Honda Jazz - Wheel bearing going - gordonbennet

Good Lord Peter.N., following your link i've just looked up the similar complete assembly for Mk 1 Yaris, some years ago a friend had one fail, Toyota wanted around £225 for the part alone, he found one at the local factor for just over £100, now available from similar suppliers to the Jazz hub for £30.

No wonder makers/main dealers don't want people going outside the dealer network.