Ford Focus ST - Stalling Issue - Ben 10

I bought a 2013 Focus ST2 last October from a dealership.

Over the last few months I started getting a problem. The engine would stall as the car slowed for RABs or traffic lights etc. As I dipped the clutch the revs would drop below 1000 to 500 then to 0. The engine would cut out. An intermittent problem. I use top grade fuels, so it wasn't that.

I looked at Honest John car reviews that said there was a problem with this model stalling. I did a search on internet and found pages of complaining owners with the same problem. So I booked my car in with a dealership under warranty. They said that they had never heard of the issue but carried out road tests and diagnostics, Nothing flagged up.

The stalling continued, with one episode it stalled 3 times in 5 minutes. So I took it to another Ford garage. They also said they had never heard of it and that I was the first owner to bring an ST in with the problem. Again road tests and diagnostics couldn't identify a problem. So I was sent on my way. The car has only covered 2000 miles.

By now I was getting frustrated. No-one was listening to me, I looked up HJ again and he said that a TSB had been released in the US and Canada regarding the issue. Also from the end of September Ford US and Canada are recalling all 2013/14 STs, approx. 169,000, to fix the problem as a safety issue. The problem is the way the wiring is spliced in the engine bay.

So I wrote to the head of Ford UK and sent an email to the dealership with my views on the matter.

Between the two, they had me bring my car in today 24.09.14. The service manager there said they had looked up "Google" and saw the problem on different forums both here and the US. They also had advice from Ford technical that the problem exists and how to deal with it.
Apparently Ford UK issued a TSB on the 3rd September about the issue but the dealership had not been made aware. So I felt vindicated, as I was being treated as a liar.

They fixed the wiring problem today so I'll keep an eye on it.

It doesn't appear there is to be a recall over the issue, but if anyone on here that has experienced stalling, it may not be the way you are driving or bad fuel. Challenge your dealership, and if you require me to provide a reference, I would be more than willing. Don't stand for flim flam. They just don't want to pay out for and hour and a half's work. Diagnostics wont highlight the problem.

And it is a safety issue. Stalling on a roundabout or across a junction might prove a bit dangerous. Especially if the other driver isn't paying attention.