For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - oldroverboy.

Having enjoyed the forum for some time, I am very pleased that I have been reading it.

Many many of the comments are helping me to shape my future choices, and those comments a few years ago abou DPf''S and other "pollution devices and DMF's etx have been really useful.

For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - brum

You been drinking again roverboy? ;)

For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - bathtub tom

I gave up diesels ten years ago, but I feel there's no way of avoiding DMFs.

For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - gordonbennet

Yes it is good to discuss things sensibly, and with a bit of leg pulling chucked in, not often these days you get real hostility here, thankfully.

I too gave up Diesels, but only about 3 years ago, very unlikely i shall buy another, unless an old school mechanical pump jobbie (LPG now my preferred fuel), or bought so cheap as to be disposable when it fails miserably.

No DMF's on torque converter autos, smoooooth maan.:-)

For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - scot22

If I had been reading the forum more than three years ago I would certainly have saved some money, e.g new DPF and new DPF in past fifteen months.

I prefer cars around size of Volvo S40 : also would prefer auto. There is such a range of auto systems now that it is not clear which is best. All seem to have people who like them and people who hate them.

Apart from some obvious things to avoid it does seem too much a matter of chance when trying to balance priorities. Honda Jazz is very reliable but read negative comments about comfort. Modern desgns also seem to sacrifice visibility for design.

Will there ever be the perfect car ?

For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - Gibbo_Wirral

I gave up diesels ten years ago, but I feel there's no way of avoiding DMFs.

Lower BHP models? My 90bhp 2L diesel doesn't have a dual mass flywheel.

I strongly suspect that Avant is right about Youngrovergirl!

SWMBO likes the shape of the cruze, it is surprisingly roomy, has a good boot, the styling is different enough for me still to be asked whats that?

So anything has or should be similiar to that, and after this weeks service the car does feel a bit "tighter" (spark plug change? @ 40000 mile service.) (Hand brake adjust?)

And now it is done, no rush to change,

Incidentally, the Dacia Dealer i went to with a friend is also a Kia dealer on the other side of the main road, and I took my friend back to order his, and got a valuation against a similiar spec car to his, and was offered £1200 more than the people across the road. £2300 against a dacia and £3500 against a kia venga 1.4 air witth metallic paint.

Hmmm

Funny innit?

For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - Avant

Many thanks, ORB, for taking the trouble to say that. I'm glad you find it helpful, just as we find your own contributions always interesting. I suspect, though, that when it comes to influencing the choice of your next car, the combined might of the Backroomers will be as nothing compared with Youngrovergirl....

Indeed, GB, politeness seems to have become the rule, greatly helped by your own example. Sometimes an OP has to be given the truth, even if it isn't what (s)her wants to hear - but this can still be done constructively. I'm glad to be involved with something that interests and informs, and occasionally entertains.

For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - Ed V

Am I right that some of you guys know each other, or has HJ just brought you close "online"?!

Am I right that some of you guys know each other, or has HJ just brought you close "online"?!

Not here, but on the chevrolet website i have made contact and exchanged e-mails for a couple of years, and hope to meet soon.

It would perhaps be nice to have an HJ reunion/meeting, perhaps a stall at Goodwood or Carfest? any takers?

Where can I buy the T-shirt?

For all-Thanks - Something I would like to say - RickyBoy

www.surfstyle.com/p-138301-hes-my-best-friend-t-sh...x