Kwik-Fit - Servicing - oldroverboy.

For all the detractors Major service inc brake stripdown/clean, wheel balancing included foc, air filter/oil filter longlife spark plugs, fuchs oil and everything checked for a very reasonable £124 booked online.

I have known the manager since he worked in another local fast fit centre and have confidence in him.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 30/09/2014 at 21:11

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - alan1302

For all the detractors Major service inc brake stripdown/clean, wheel balancing included foc, air filter/oil filter longlife spark plugs, fuchs oil and everything checked for a very reasonable £124 booked online.

I have known the manager since he worked in another local fast fit centre and have confidence in him.

But how many of us know the manager that works at our local Kwik Fit?

Try a Kwik Fit where you don't know the manager and then report back.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - scot22

Having experienced Kwit Fit in Yorkshire and Cumbria ( deliberately not being specific ) I would never go to them for anything.

However, pleased you have found a good one.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - dan86

I will only use kwik fit in an emergency like a Sunday and need a puncture repair. Last time I went to kwik fit they told me I needed new pads and discs and a cv boot replacing on a 6 month old car. I kindly told them thanks but ill take it back to the place I purchased the car from.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - skidpan

Have visited Kwik Fit 3 times now in the past 10 years or so, basically bacause they are close and open on a Sunday.

2 visits were to get a puncture fixed. On both visits they said they could not fix it due to its position and on both visits they did not have a tyre of the size needed. On both occations our local indy repaired the tyres Monday morning. I knew in both cases that the puncture was not oustside the legal area and the indy confirmed this.

Simply wanted to sell me a new tyre.

But on the on the other occation I did quite well. Wifes Focus went in for service and the main Ford dealer rang to tell me tracking needed sorting. Quoted £70 for checking it and another £70 if it needed adjusting, told him not to bother. Rang Kwik Fit who quoted free to check and £25 to adjust. So I went down expecting the usual" you also need X-Y and Z sorting" and guess what, said I needed 2 new tyres. Told him I would sort it later but he was insistant i looked and believe it or not he was correct, the inside edge was bald yet the Ford dealer had not even mentioned it probably because strictly speaking the tyres were legal (just). After looking he quoted me £90 a tyre and again I said I would sort it later, had bought that size before from indy for £65 a tyre. He was pretty insistant and said he would price match so I told him £65 but only for a known brand. After looking he agreed to that price for Pirellis, so I said do it. When I got the bill it was for £145, only charged £60 a tyre. I was well happy, only £5 more that the Ford delaer wanted for only tracking it. Kept the car another 25,000 miles and no more tracking issues so it appears they had done a decent job.

Must have been a Berocca day.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - FP

A few years ago I had little choice but to use Kwik-Fit, having limped off the M1 with a failed alternator late one wet Friday afternoon somewhere in Derbyshire.

They had to order the part, but the car was ready at 11:00 the next morning.

I had my trusted indie check everything after we got home and he found nothing wrong. The car (alternator included) has been faultless since.

The price seemed reasonable and they did not try to sell me anything else.

Perhaps I was just lucky.

Edited by FP on 01/10/2014 at 11:51

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - galileo

I had a call from KwikFit Insurance today, offering to quote me for the car: out of curiosity, went along with the questions, their quote was just 50% higher than renewing with LV=. Told them so and they said "we may be able to match that". Told them not to bother, obviously.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - Gibbo_Wirral

Cut and paste from our Peugeot forum earlier this week:.

Just had my wife's 207 fail MOT on broken rear springs. I had a look and I think they are correct. However they quoted £214 to replace them and "this includes the realignment" !!! I can do the springs myself but am I correct in that nothing needs realigning?
The car owner has since checked with his local Peugeot dealer, and springs do not need aligning on his car, and the cost would be £140. Would Kwik Fit have realised their mistake when replacing and not charged the customer? Bitter experience tells me no.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 01/10/2014 at 14:51

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - Mike H

I think the manager is the key. I had my old Saab 9000 serviced some years ago, and a bit of work I can't recall, but they did a good job and the car was ready on time. Didn't try to sell me anything I didn't want. Just lucky as well that one of the mechs was an ex-main dealer Saab mechanic.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - Simon

What about the fuel filter and pollen filter?

Why would the tyres need a free rebalance during a normal service?

What about the fuel filter and pollen filter?

Why would the tyres need a free rebalance during a normal service?

Pollen filter done last time, and fuel filter not due.If it is free who am i to argur about balancing the wheels?

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - Simon

I'd say that the free wheel balancing is just a gimmick to make people think that they are getting something extra free. In reality if they are taking the wheels off, they have the machine sitting there to put them on and rebalancing already balanced wheels should not really involve any effort or cost. Next they'll be putting free air in the tyres too...

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - Hamsafar

I went one time only when they had a cheap oil and filter offer. Mobil 1 IIRC. The man said they can't do paper element filters, only spin-on. I asked if they could drain and fill the oil and roll the car out for me to change the filter that I would supply and they said they couldn't.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - daveyK_UK

Had 2 bad experiences with national tyres.

1. A member of staff who took a van in and got ripped off for a set of tyres.

2. A family member who lives on the same road of a national tyres enquiried if they did main dealer equivelent services as the Fiat dealer had quoted nearly £300 for a service.

They offered to do the equivelent service for £140.

On collecting the car, the service book was not stamped but the garage name was wrote in with biro (they claimed they didnt have a stamp), the service reciept only showed an oil change and wheel balance, and they spent 20 minutes trying to sell brake pads despite writing in their own report they had 40% wear left and where fine.

Will never use national again.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - dan86

There's a fast fit center near me I think tjey ate part of a chain (PTA auto centers) there about the only one's I trust as I have used them a few times and they have never tried to rip me off or sell me something that wasn't needed. I tried Halfords auto centers once they seemed just as bad as kwick fit.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - John F

My son took his old Xantia for a cheap MoT at Kwik-Fit and they failed it on emissions, saying the cat had failed. They would only use their own cat replacement and estimated several hundred pounds, more than the value of the car. I thought, correctly, that he was being scammed, as the engine was sound. I paid his MoT fee, drove it less than a mile to the garage I usually use, and it passed. I learned how it can be made to appear the cat has failed. [it's all about timing - get the engine warm but then allow the cat to cool, which in winter it does very quickly - so beware from now on!]

I made a complaint and got his money back.

I believe their reputation got so bad a television documentary was made about them.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - madf

I have used our local KF for cut price MOTs for the past 4 years. No issues at all.. but then our Yaris is and has been very reliable.

OTH, twenty years ago they made a pig's ear of sorting my wife's car when she had a problem and I was in Canada on business.

A lot depends on the local management and staff.

I suspect they will fleece the ignorant and vulnerable.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - brighteyes
You get what you pay for mostly, main dealers aren't cheap but you should be able to trust them. However I have the pleasure of a local garage who I trust totally, they pick the car up and bring it back when the job is done. Their prices are reasonable and the service first class. I give you this example. My wife was having trouble with her last car, a 207 Hdi that kept cutting out intermittently. They had the car all day. When they brought it back they said they couldn't replecate the fault and the computer wasn't showing any error codes. He did suggest it could be the EGR but wasn't prepared to change it until he knew for sure. When asked how much I owed him he said nothing because he hadn't found the problem!!!!! Anyone who lives local to me (Stone in Staffordshie) who would like to contact this garage he trades as Automobile and is based by Izacc Walton golf course at Cold Norton, highly recommended.

I trust my local chevrolet dealer, but the car is out of warranty and as I knew the Kwikfit mate, I trusted him (again) and saved myself a lot of money. The service was due and it was done at a time convenient to me. It seems , if you know someone and have a good relationship, stick with them.

Additionally my next car will be within the manufacturers warranty and so will get it main dealer franchise serviced.

Happy motoring to all.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - Snakey
main dealers aren't cheap but you should be able to trust them.

My experience with a local VW dealer proved the exact opposite - and in fact ended up in a fraud case with the finance company.
Kwik-Fit - Servicing - Galaxy
main dealers aren't cheap but you should be able to trust them.

My experience with a local VW dealer proved the exact opposite - and in fact ended up in a fraud case with the finance company.

I would never trust my local Ford main dealer, nor, probably, any other.

I trust my small, local, independent garage. Been going there for 30 years!

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - John F

And sometimes perhaps also those who are considered not to be of the same community or class or sex or wealth bracket ......

And sometimes perhaps also those who are considered not to be of the same community or class or sex or wealth bracket ......

AND, are there not a few of those in main dealers too! I worked in main dealers for years and saw some of it too, and put a stop to it where i could.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - jonmac

These Kwick Fit stories remind me of a friend who took his car to Kwik Fit to replace a couple of tyres. As the young guy who was doing the change informed him that his shock absorbers were not in good condition and should be replaced.'Ok' said my friend 'you sure 'they are deteriated enough to have them replaced', 'certainly ' repied the young fitter. 'ok you better go ahead and replace them' replied my friend. After the job was done they brought him the bill. At which point my friend produced the guarantee on the 4 shockers they had replaced 4 months earlier. I would have loved to see the look on the managers face. And the moral of this story is keep your receips in the glove compartment

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - TedCrilly

The event you described must have happened a long time ago then. Way back in the days before the reg number of the car (amongst other things) was recorded on a central databse with the history of any rwork carried out on it.

Edited by TedCrilly on 08/10/2014 at 16:12

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - skidpan

The event you described must have happened a long time ago then. Way back in the days before the reg number of the car (amongst other things) was recorded on a central databse with the history of any rwork carried out on it.

Only main dealers record work carried out on a database and each manufacture has their own. Other garages cannot access this data. Kwik Fit probably have their own database but are the staff clever enough to use it.

Kia even today do not have a centralised service record, each dealer keeps their own records. They do have a centralised warranty record so why it does not cover servicing beggars belief.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - TedCrilly

Kwik Fit probably have their own database but are the staff clever enough to use it.

Kwik Fit do have their own central database, an its been in operation in one form or anotherr for at least 23 years and customer facing staff are trained in its use.. Go in and ask them to do some work on your car. First question will be...."whats your reg number? A central database is vital when dealing with fleet operators and nationwide credit accounts."

Go and try it.

Cant comment on Kia dealers, cant really see any similarities between them and Kwik fit either.

Kwik-Fit - Servicing - jonmac

The event happenned many years ago. But it was one of those things that always remembered. It made me always wary of having anything to do with Kwik Fit