Chrysler PT Cruiser - PT Curiser acting as though it has no power - PTDriver

I've got a manual petrol 2007 PT Cruiser, it's got around 34000 miles on the clock. I didn't drive it for just over two weeks and when I went to use it again found that it wouldn't start. I initially thought the battery had gone as it did the same thing it did when I got the battery replaced earlier in the year, the power died, the dashboard lights didn't work and it won't start.

However I've checked the battery with a multimeter and it is absolutely fine, I've checked each of the fuses and they are all in good working order. The wing mirrors are powered, there is just enough power getting through to them to make the motors whir for a second or two, but not enough to make them move.

Something clearly has gone wrong and I'm going to have to take it to a garage to get it sorted but was wondering if anyone had come across anything similar?

Chrysler PT Cruiser - PT Curiser acting as though it has no power - elekie&a/c doctor

Sounds like the battery is flat. Checking with a voltmeter is unfortunately not an adequate test because a flat battery can show 12 volts.

Chrysler PT Cruiser - PT Curiser acting as though it has no power - Railroad.
A fully charged battery should measure 12.6 volts. It is completely discharged if the voltage is below 12 volts. You sound like it needs a new battery.

I'd removed the battery from the car when I tested it as I had assumed it was flat and hooked it up to my trickle charger, it was because the charger was showing it as already fully charged that I then used the multimeter to verify it. Unless both the trickler charger and the multimeter are faulty then the battery is still fully charged.

Chrysler PT Cruiser - PT Curiser acting as though it has no power - focussed

I'd removed the battery from the car when I tested it as I had assumed it was flat and hooked it up to my trickle charger, it was because the charger was showing it as already fully charged that I then used the multimeter to verify it. Unless both the trickler charger and the multimeter are faulty then the battery is still fully charged.

It is perfectly possible for a fully charged but faulty battery to show over 12 volts resting voltage. Under load voltage is the important reading-try reading the battery voltage when you are trying to start the car with it-it should be about 10 to 10.5 volts cranking voltage with a good battery. Much less and the battery is toast.

Chrysler PT Cruiser - PT Curiser acting as though it has no power - Railroad.
I wish I'd had a pound for every AA member I'd attended who told me that his/her battery wasn't flat or faulty when in fact it was. I also wish I'd has a pound for every AA member whose vehicle I was attending broken down told me it only passed the MOT last week.

Cheers, I'd not considered checking it whilst starting the car, didn't realise that could be a factor. I'll give that a go and if that doesn't work just get it down to the mechanic (who is luckily only about 10 minutes walk away)