1.2 Polo (05 plate) - Help with Fuel Filter - PX-230A

My car has a 3 bar rated fuel filter which I'm changing soon. VW no longer make the original part so I can only get at 4 bar one (the guy at the dealership said it'll be alright, but seemed unsure). According to the Haynes manual, the pressure runs at 2.5 bar.

The fuel filter doesn't have a built in regulator...that's on the pump in the tank. I was just wondering if the higher 4 bar rating will cause any problems with fuel pressure etc.?

1.2 Polo (05 plate) - Help with Fuel Filter - RobJP

You'll be fine.

The pressure on the fuel filter is what the filter can withstand, so you're actually getting a better filter than your old one. The pump is what runs at 2.5 bar, so as long as the filter is rated above that, then you're good to go.

1.2 Polo (05 plate) - Help with Fuel Filter - elekie&a/c doctor

You need to be careful here.The fuel pressure rating on the filter is actually the pressure the system runs at.There is no pressure regulator on the engine ,it is incorporated in the filter.It is important to get the correct filter.If VW say the filter has been replaced by a different item ,then this should be ok,but I would double check.The pressure rating on the filter is not what it is capable of withstanding.