Peugeot 1007 - Peugeot 1007 Dead Locked - Foseco

Hi.

I have a 2005 Peugeot 1007 that is dead locked possibly with a dead battery.

The key will not electrically or manually open the doors. I have seen suggestions that you can jack the car up to remove the engine cover and connect jump leads to the starter motor to start it or get the electrics working and open the doors. Only problem is, the car was left in gear so it will jump forward and won't start anyway.

I'm guessing the only way in is to break a window. I was aiming for the quarter light at the front. That way I can try pulling it out of gear and turn the ignition on and hopefully manually open the doors.

Rather than breaking it, I was wondering if it can be removed. I know the front trim comes off but I don't know how. Anyone have any ideas how we can remove it or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Foseco.

Peugeot 1007 - Peugeot 1007 Dead Locked - elekie&a/c doctor

There is no need to break a window.Powering up the alternator or starter lead should be enough to provide power to the rest of the car .No need to start the engine.

Peugeot 1007 - Peugeot 1007 Dead Locked - Foseco

There is no need to break a window.Powering up the alternator or starter lead should be enough to provide power to the rest of the car .No need to start the engine.

Can we get to those fom underneath? We can't get a garage to come out and look at it. It's been parked on a school car park for the past five days and they're getting upset.

Peugeot 1007 - Peugeot 1007 Dead Locked - Gibbo_Wirral

Can you not use something like a coat hanger and long screwdriver to pop the bonnet through the grille?

Then when the bonnet is up, swap the battery.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 17/09/2014 at 14:42