skoda octiva 05 1,9 tdi - starter motor powered up at igmition on - Micky-BO

We got this skoda in to-day that was'nt starting because starter was'nt working. After replacing starter motor we found that starter was staying engaged with engine running. Theres a 12v feed to starter solenoid at key on. Causing the 1st starter to burn out. Has any 1 any thoughts on this or encountered a similar problem Any feedback greatly accepted Regards micky-Bo

skoda octiva 05 1,9 tdi - starter motor powered up at igmition on - elekie&a/c doctor

What is the engine code?

skoda octiva 05 1,9 tdi - starter motor powered up at igmition on - Wackyracer

Had a similar problem, It was a faulty ignition switch.

skoda octiva 05 1,9 tdi - starter motor powered up at igmition on - Micky-BO

The engine code on the front timing belt cover was a bit obscured but i believe it was a bjc code. I have already borrowed a engine bay box to try but to no avail. With starter motor solenoid plug disconnected & test light attached to solenoid plug with ignition on test light is on but when i move starter relay slightly to the side test light will extinguish. theres something i'm over looking here that i can't put my finger on. Many thanks for your input Regards Micky-Bo

skoda octiva 05 1,9 tdi - starter motor powered up at igmition on - Cyd

Try swapping out the relay first. After that check the wiring around the relay for chaffing or shorts.

You could listen to the relay whilst someone turns the ignition on and off to see if it's stuck in the on position (or use a continuity tester to test the relay for this condition).

Using a test light or voltmeter you should be able to track the wiring backwards to locate the fault if the above doesn't help. try googling for the wiring diagram.

skoda octiva 05 1,9 tdi - starter motor powered up at igmition on - elekie&a/c doctor

Check for any fault codes and status of steering column module.This may give you an idea as to what is going on.