Why empty - Formula 1 prices - oldroverboy.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/11...l

I stopped going years ago, and stopped watching too. It is a picture of the motor trade in general in the uk, full of smoke and mirrors.

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - mike hannon

Years ago the German grand prix had the highest attendance figures anywhere.

That, of course, was when it was held on a proper circult.

F1 may well think it needs to 'conquer new territories'. Good luck. I won't be watching the Chinese GP, the Russian GP, or any other if I can help it.

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - davecooper
Although F1 has been becoming artificial for a long time, I continued to watch, mainly in the hope that Williams would climb back to the front of the grid, which they have done. However, even before the current issue with radios reared its head, I was getting fed up with teams telling the drivers what to do. Lets do away with two way radios, all we need is car to pits to let them know there is a problem and the car is coming in, that's it. All the decisions should be made by the driver, isn't that his job. A lot of things have spoilt F1 for me over the years but I have stuck with it. How much longer I don't know, there are more exciting forms of racing out there.
Why empty - Formula 1 prices - JasonNorin

F1 has become a sport that caters only to those on the upper class. It is slowly loosing it's touch on the common individuals who are also fans of the sport. With sky high ticket prices, F1 plans to cut cost for this year, 2015. Here's a source of F1 news - www.dafabetsports.com/en/formula1

Edited by JasonNorin on 11/06/2015 at 06:01

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - thirts

If I watch it, I tend to watch the first few laps only - F1 has always been a bit of a parade but it has got worse over the years, and they keep meddling with the regulations and tyre options it the desperate hope of making it interesting.

The use of the safety car, which is very understandable, makes much of the racing redundant as the cars are forced to bunch up.

I transferred my alligience to Moto GP some years ago and have never looked back.

No ship to shore radio - so it is up to the rider
No force tyre changes - to try and create some interest
No need for technical gimmicks (DRS etc) again to try and create some interest.

And on the plus, usually very close racing, with much overtaking, and only 45mins in length. And even better I'm off to the Spanish race in November : )

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - focussed

Too many micro-managing regulations.

Too much dabbling with trying to be "green" ie energy recovery, DRS etc.

Too many silly changes to capacity formula, dimensions of cars,

Too many electronic aids - traction control etc.

Too many team orders over the radio (The other guy is our number one driver you must let him win) etc etc.

F1 has become just a sort of travelling corporate junket for journos, hangers on and media stars.

It needs:-

Basic dimensions of cars + engine capacity non turbo or turbo + max fuel capacity and let them get on with it - fastest car wins, isn't that what used to happen in the 1960's?

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - old-school-tech

I transferred my alligience to Moto GP some years ago and have never looked back.

And on the plus, usually very close racing, with much overtaking, and only 45mins in length. And even better I'm off to the Spanish race in November : )

As a biker MotoGp has naturaly always interested me ahead of F1, But even MotoGp teams run a tight ship, Casey Stoner was a prime example of quitting Ducati and MotoGp because he couldn't just go out and race like most riders want to. There still a big element of politics, team orders, and "play by our rules" tactics,

WSB and BSB on the other hand is all about racing, a lot more fun to watch and a lot more British interest (Shakey, Haslam, Sykes etc) (appologies for non brit forum users :) )...And a weekend ticket to a BSB meet doesn't break the bank..You can get a race day ticket for about £30..In fact the last 2 times i've been have been freebie Comma oil promotions..

I used to love F1 in the 80's / 90's, it was an interesting sport and the drivers actually made a different to the outcome, not so much thesedays, I admire Hamilton for what he has achieved but I strongly suspect that most F1 drivers could and probably would have accomplished the same with the right team.

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - old-school-tech

As a biker MotoGp has naturaly always interested me ahead of F1, But even MotoGp teams run a tight ship, Casey Stoner was a prime example of quitting Ducati and MotoGp because he couldn't just go out and race like most riders want to. There still a big element of politics, team orders, and "play by our rules" tactics,

WSB and BSB on the other hand is all about racing, a lot more fun to watch and a lot more British interest (Shakey, Haslam, Sykes etc) (appologies for non brit forum users :) )...And a weekend ticket to a BSB meet doesn't break the bank..You can get a race day ticket for about £30..In fact the last 2 times i've been have been freebie Comma oil promotions..

I used to love F1 in the 80's / 90's, it was an interesting sport and the drivers actually made a different to the outcome, not so much thesedays, I admire Hamilton for what he has achieved but I strongly suspect that most F1 drivers could and probably would have accomplished the same with the right team.

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - Avant

I haven't watched motor racing since I was a child- the main reason for me being that all Formula 1 type cars look exactly the same to me, and unless you are really into it you have no idea which is which.

I have to confess to the same total lack of interest in horse racing, for the same reason.

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - Sofa Spud

I haven't watched motor racing since I was a child- the main reason for me being that all Formula 1 type cars look exactly the same to me, and unless you are really into it you have no idea which is which.

I have to confess to the same total lack of interest in horse racing, for the same reason.

With the odd exception, Formula One cars of any particular period have always tended to look similar to each other, for instance in the early 1960's a Cooper looked very much like a Lotus, although most teams still raced in various shades of their national colours. Exceptions to the look-alikes include the original March car with it's oval aerofoil at the front and of course the 6-wheeled Tyrrell. Nowadays in the field of endurance racing the Nissan Deltawing looks more like a speed-record hopeful than a Le Mans car!

Edited by Sofa Spud on 12/06/2015 at 13:54

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - Gibbo_Wirral

I only got into F1 again as recently as 2011, the BBC coverage and presenters have been getting slowly worse.

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - craig-pd130

Ever since the mid-90s, both current and ex-F1 drivers have been saying that to make the racing genuinely interesting and exciting, as opposed to chess with cars:

- race flag-to-flag (i.e. if you need to change tyres, that's your problem for being too hard on them)

- no refuelling (too dangerous)

- reduce wing / downforce so that cars spend longer in the corners, and have to slow down more beforehand = greater opportunities for overtaking

As for all the KERS nonsense, junk it.

Why empty - Formula 1 prices - Hamsafar

Simply dig out the 1987 rule book and dust it off and change the name to 2017. That would make it interesting.