ford focus mk1 1600 - water leak in passenget footwell not pollen filter - steveo3002

got a mk1 focus and id noticed its damp in the passenger footwell

internet suggested a pollen filter , so ive replaced that along with a genuine stickey seal along the screen, after a few bone dry days its still leaking

ive noticed the drips are coming off the heater box just above the right hand corner of the glovebox but must be dripping from elsewhere

is there any scuttle drains or a/c drains i can check , its clear water so i dont think its the matrix

ford focus mk1 1600 - water leak in passenget footwell not pollen filter - Braunschweig

I had a similar problem with my Volkswagen - after much searching, it turned out to be the rear screen wash hose that had split behind the dashboard.

Not sure if the Focus is the same but worth a check. You could also try removing the scuttle cover under the windscreen and clearing out any leaves etc. and giving the drain holes a poke to free any debris.

ford focus mk1 1600 - water leak in passenget footwell not pollen filter - steveo3002

any other ideas folks

scuttle is sealed with a new seal - getting drips on the carpet and we,ve still had no rain , begining to wonder if it is the matrix

ford focus mk1 1600 - water leak in passenget footwell not pollen filter - elekie&a/c doctor

Heater matrix sits low down and the coolant wil be pinkish colour and sweet taste.The ac evap drain also located at the bottom of the heater box and drains out into lower engine bay.This needs to be checked for blockage and will be clear water.

ive poked something up the hole under the heater hoses where they enter the cabin ..it seems clear

just had another good look , seems to be leaking from around that area where the hoses go through ..nothing above there at all as ive had the glovebox down and used a torch and mirror

anyone got a diagram or photo of how the drain tube is routed inside the heater box? wonder if its fell off?