all - New road tax changes - a possible problem? - Wackyracer

I was reading the HJ article on the new road tax (VED) system and it said that it remains valid until it runs out or the vehicles MOT expires.

Can anyone confirm and expand on this? As I can imagine a situation where you could be in the middle of the month and the car fails the MOT, Does this mean your going to have to retax the car and end up possibly losing a months tax?

all - New road tax changes - a possible problem? - Auristocrat

Technically the situation is the same as now, where you have to have a current MOT for your car tax to be valid.

Presumably if your vehicle fails an MOT, you have it repaired, re-tested, and hopefully an MOT certificate is issued after the re-test. In which case you car tax is then valid again.

all - New road tax changes - a possible problem? - Dwight Van Driver

Am I missing something? Is HJ saying whilst your vehicle is taxed and the MOT expires then the tax becomes invalid?

I have yet to see any legislation to give lawful authority for this?

Nothing mentioned either on DVLA site.

dvd

Edited by Dwight Van Driver on 14/09/2014 at 08:12

all - New road tax changes - a possible problem? - pd

As I understand it, this only applies if you are paying by direct debit.

all - New road tax changes - a possible problem? - Wackyracer

As I understand it, this only applies if you are paying by direct debit.

That won't effect me then. I know it is only likely to happen vary rarely but, Still there is a chance that a car might fail it's MOT and not be able to be repaired quickly due to lack of garage time availability or spare parts.

Edited by Wackyracer on 14/09/2014 at 12:48