ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 54reg - new cam belt fitted,but no compression - edna

Hi, it all started when my fan belt split and couresed my engine to STOP. When the cover of the cam belt was taken off there was bits of the fan belt on the pullys,when the timing was set there was no compression so then the head was taken off and valves check and been resitted and put back together. Old cam belt was not broken,but was still replaced with a new belt. Also had to replace cranksensor and a new outer sensor ring (magnetic track)from main dealer :¬( . Still no compression but if the cam pully is set 1 tooth out,its has compression but will not start,even when "easy start" is used.It been on dianostic and no fault showing. Really dont know what to do next,anyone got any idears?Cheers

ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 54reg - new cam belt fitted,but no compression - Simon

If you've got no compression then either something is still bent or most likely - you have got the timing wrong!

If you've got no compression then either something is still bent or most likely - you have got the timing wrong!

valves was

hi all the valves have been taken out and valves are not bent,set pullys up to timing diagram on web and no compression. But if its set 1 tooth either way it has compression but wont fire. does anyone have an idear and is there more then one timing diagram for this egine, ;¬)cheers

ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 54reg - new cam belt fitted,but no compression - skidpan

This is simply a continuation of your previous thread

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=106322

Why start a new one.

Since you are clearly no mechanic I would suggest that you get a good local garage to look at the car and sort it out for you.

if you have nothing constuctive to say,say nothing at all :¬)Also i never once said i was a mechanic,have a nice day.

ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 54reg - new cam belt fitted,but no compression - skidpan

if you have nothing constuctive to say,say nothing at all :¬)Also i never once said i was a mechanic,have a nice day.

I was trying to point out that this matter has been going on for several days. No point in posters wasting their time repeating what has already been said on your previous thread.

My advice to go to a good garage since you clearly have no idea was supposed to be constructive.

Take it whatever way you want.

ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 54reg - new cam belt fitted,but no compression - The-Mechanic

I think the point skidpan is trying to make is you've obviously covered all you can without resolving it.

Maybe it is time to ask for professional help as trying to diagnose what is wrong without physically inspecting and checking the work already done is merely guesswork. You may have missed something that a fresh pair of eyes may see ?