illegal immigrants false driving licenses - adentice

Illegall immigrants are using fake driving licences and fake identities to get motor insurance, and it looks to me like the Police and the Government are looking the other way.

illegal immigrants false driving licenses - alan1302

Illegall immigrants are using fake driving licences and fake identities to get motor insurance, and it looks to me like the Police and the Government are looking the other way.

So why do you think they are lookling the other way?

illegal immigrants false driving licenses - RobJP

If they're actually taking out insurance policies, and paying premiums, then they're considerably more law-abiding than a lot of the scrotes out on the roads ...

illegal immigrants false driving licenses - gordonbennet

I don't see how an illegal immigrant could get a genuine licence or insurance anyway, not supposed to be here.

Not enough coppers to catch the criminals that officially exist, when they do some half wit judge lets them off with a stern warning for their 73rd offence...is that why modern coppers go for the shaved head look, do they tear their hair out in frustration at the idiots supposed to be backing them up.

illegal immigrants false driving licenses - Bromptonaut

Apparently first and only post by a new user.

Smells of trollery to me.

illegal immigrants false driving licenses - skidpan

Would an illegal immigrant use a fake driving licence and fake identity to buy real insurance.

Surely if you are illegal on 3 counts why bother about a 4th.

But on the other hand when I have bought real car insurance I have never been asked to show my driving licence or prove my identity.

So why do you think they are lookling the other way?

An illegal immigrant was squating in a nieghbouring flat where I live, he was dealing drugs , he fraudulently started using my flat number as his own in the block where I live he did this to piggyback off my good credit rating, he subsequently ran up numerous credit debts and managed to get motor insurance, I informed the insurer and the police and was told that they would look into it, he was arrested by the UK Border police and was bailed, 18 months on and he is still here in England and driving with a false name and is still using this address although he no longer resides here as he has been evicted.

illegal immigrants false driving licenses - Dabooka

Can't comment on the ohter particulars of your 'tale' but I assure you no-one is able to piggyback off someone's credit history by virtue of their address. Credit worthiness belongs to the individual not their place of residence.

Now if they use your identity, then yes, but as this insurance was in their name that clearly wasn't an issue on this occasion.

I assuem you have reported this miscreant to the police rather than simply posting on here?

illegal immigrants false driving licenses - alan1302

He deals drugs...fraudlantly applies for credit and squats in a flat yet pays for car insurance? Is this person not a bit odd? :-)

Think it's fair to say there is much, much more to this story.

Edited by alan1302 on 01/09/2014 at 21:57

Can't comment on the ohter particulars of your 'tale' but I assure you no-one is able to piggyback off someone's credit history by virtue of their address. Credit worthiness belongs to the individual not their place of residence.

Now if they use your identity, then yes, but as this insurance was in their name that clearly wasn't an issue on this occasion.

I assuem you have reported this miscreant to the police rather than simply posting on here?

The post which I wrote is a very small precis of what actually happened, I had many dealings with the police over this person who I must say was extremely ignorant and due to that ignorance I assumed that his use of my address was for the purpose of piggybacking my credit worthyness, however he still did do that, when I explained this to the police on more than at least 5 occasions, they took no notice, the insurance company however ( Insure the Box ) completely ignored my protests but then we all know as motorists how money grabbing insurers are.

The reason for his determination to have insurance wasn't because he wanted to be law abiding it was because he wanted to seem like he was legitimate and so avoid arousing suspicsion by the authorities, as an illegal immigrant it seems his sole purpose for being here was to screw the system.

I tried to reason with the police by suggesting that it is surely impossible for an illegal immigrant to hold a real UK Driving License due to the fact that if a person is here illegally they aren't entitled to hold a UK Driving Licence especially if they have a stolen identity or a an assumed name, this argument was met with disdain and confusion so nothing happened.

I posted this subject on this forum because so far all my efforts have come to nothing and I just wanted to raise the subject to find out whether there was any interest in it.

illegal immigrants false driving licenses - focussed

It has been easy to obtain a licence from just about any country to enable an exchange for a UK licence for years.

Just have a look at this website:- foreignlicense.com/

It's not that the police are not interested, if the UK license is on the DVLA system and apparently legal what can they do about it?