Vauxhall Astra G Petrol - Drivers side back door not locking - Phoenixdust

Hello lovely people,

I have an Astra sxi 2006, and have just discovered that the drivers side back door does not lock when the central locking is engaged. All other doors do.

I read on here a thread in 2003 about central locking going yampy, and it said about removing door cards (?) and looking at motors etc, and before I start pulling bits off the car I wondered if anyone on here could tell me, for this model, if it's even something I can fix?

I'm not greatly au fait with cars, but I am practically minded and a fast learner, and would prefer to be able to sort this kind of thing out myself, so if anyone here is willing to give written instruction that I can follow, that too would be most awesome.

Please let me know ...

With all good wishes

PD

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol - Drivers side back door not locking - RT

I can't answer your question - but to get accurate information be aware that the 2004-2009 Astra was the Astra-H, the Astra-G was the earlier 1998-2004 model.

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol - Drivers side back door not locking - elekie&a/c doctor
Check the wiring where it runs from the door pillar into the door through the rubber tube.If the doors have no locking pop up buttons ,then this is an Astra H