ford fiesta 2003 - 1.3 - Can any of you geniuses help? - Bukker

Hi there,

we have recently changed the head gasket on my car. We had the head skimmed and pressure tested and got the thumbs up. We put it all back together but now there is pressure building up in the water tank / we have checked all the pipes and the radiator. Changed the water pump etc so the only thing my mechanic can think is that the head gasket is on the wrong way round, is that possible? but it is not p***ing oil or anything like that, in fact it runs ok (not like we have been out in it, other than to take it for its MOT which it passed) the problem is that the water tank gets hot and starts bubbling over, like i said checked all the pipes, flushed it with a hose pipe etc but its like there is not enough pressure to send the water round. we are currently stripping down and checking the head gasket again but was wandering if anyone has had this problem before or knows of a solution :-)

Many Thanks

ford fiesta 2003 - 1.3 - Can any of you geniuses help? - RT

Quite possible the head gasket is upside down - most of the apertures will be symmetrical but a few won't - so it may indeed be blocking the coolant flow.

hi thanks for the reply, we have stripped it and it looks like it was the wrong head gasket, even though i used the car reg and it said there was only one? strange, we have drilled holes to let the water flow so fingers crossed it works now :-)

ford fiesta 2003 - 1.3 - Can any of you geniuses help? - elekie&a/c doctor
Wrong gasket means it could be wrong in other places.don't mess about ,get the correct one,even if it means getting it from Ford dealer.

we have got a new gasket with all the right holes init now and its still bubbling over.the temp gauge isnt showing it is hot but the water is firing out of the water tank/plastic thing that holds the water lol. what else could it be?

ford fiesta 2003 - 1.3 - Can any of you geniuses help? - Simon

How about a crack in the block?

thats all fine.its just dosent seem tp be getting the bottom hose hot its just slightly warm and then it just bubbles over.The radiator is only just getting warm,it just dosent seem to be circulating the water.

ford fiesta 2003 - 1.3 - Can any of you geniuses help? - Cyd

stat stuck shut?

ford fiesta 2003 - 1.3 - Can any of you geniuses help? - mfarrow

I'd wait for it to get up to temperature and keep the cap on tight until it does. Had something similar on a Corsa I did recently, just got pressurised under the cap after a couple of minutes and haven't a clue why. I think it was just devoid of water and had some airlocks/whatever that were cleared when the stat opened. It took a few more litres of coolant after that!