vectra 1.9 cdti (150bhp) 2006 - woun't pull in second/ third,lacking smooth power. - fishy

hi,

i posted on here some years ago when my vectra had a problem with lack of power.

turned out to be the swirl vv's. that all done at 61,000mls. now the car is at 130,000 and i have another similar problem. the car woun't pull strong in second, and pulses in third when excelorating up any slight incline. if i am on a hill in second, it creeps....serious lack of power. feels like the turbo is not kicking inl then i go into third and it sets off then slows, then sets off again till it gets its speed up to say 50-60 . pulses like is is missing????

have changed the MAF. so not that..... egr??? could this cause it???

any advice???

fishy

vectra 1.9 cdti (150bhp) 2006 - woun't pull in second/ third,lacking smooth power. - slkfanboy

Well it sounds like a oxygen sensor problem, Have you read the error codes?

vectra 1.9 cdti (150bhp) 2006 - woun't pull in second/ third,lacking smooth power. - fishy
Had mechanic look the other day. No codes apart from a cooling fan relay
And he told me he cleaned the maf. And he thought it was ok.
But he never took it for a proper run. And up any hills.
Where are the oxygen sensors???
Are they easy to change ??or check ??
vectra 1.9 cdti (150bhp) 2006 - woun't pull in second/ third,lacking smooth power. - elekie&a/c doctor
I would start by replacing the diesel fuel filter.Certainly a cheaper option than playing parts darts.Not too sure if this model even has oxy sensors.
It has oct sensors yes. But will start with filter and go from there
Sensors are from £40. Depending on supplier.
vectra 1.9 cdti (150bhp) 2006 - woun't pull in second/ third,lacking smooth power. - xtrailman

Have you checked for any leaks on the turbo intercooler hoses.

Not checked them. No.
I don't normally do the mechanics. I have a guy who does the upkeep.
It has to be a fuel / air. Problem.
I think I will go and seek his advice with a few
Remedies already thought of. / buy you guys answering. Lol

all sorted......

put new egr vv on. cleaned the MAP sensor (really bad coked up)

but i think the culprit was a badly perished end of the

turbo wastegate solenoid valve vacuum pipe. the engine one.

split half way round and perished badly. glued up repair till i get one this weekend.

car is running and pulling like a tarin....

happy days!....