2001 peugeot expert 2.0 hdi van - speedo failure - kipspeed

Had a number of problems happen to my van started with speedo failure, then temp gauge and coolant fan giving up. I replaced the fan, temp sensor and then Ecu anti start system and barrel, also the speedo sensor.

Temp gauge now working and fan cutting in as should. But speedo still not only getting the Flickr from the needle I had before, ( tried dash in a mates hid and it works fine)

Forced to drive the van to work with inop speedo the engine mmanagement light has now come on and wont go off. Even if I stop the van and turn on again

Firstly any ideas about the speedo?

Second what could be the cause of the engine management light.

2001 peugeot expert 2.0 hdi van - speedo failure - Gibbo_Wirral

You need to get it hooked up to diagnostic equipment to find the cause of the EML.

If you get a diagnostic with the specific Peugeot / Citroen LEXIA kit you'll probably find out what's causing the speedo not to work. I'm not certain but I think its the ABS sensor on one of the front wheels that provides speed data to the speedo.

2001 peugeot expert 2.0 hdi van - speedo failure - kipspeed

Hi, and thanks for your in put, I am pleased to report the issues with my van have been sorted and the old girls back earning her keep,

This is what happened,

Speedo stopped working so took it to the local van center to get a diagnostic done, could'nt find any thing wrong but still no speedo! but when I picked it up temp gage was jambed right over in the red and rad fan

all the time, so I complained, only to be told the van had blown a fuse and on replacement the gage and fan had done this, 2 days later the fan gave up as well. I replaced the fan and temp sensor, and changed the speed sensor located at the rear of the gearbox, Next I took the van to an auto electrical guy I know, who informed me the ECU had been shorted with a crossed wire (blown fuse ring a bell). So I had the ECU changed. And every thing cheeked out A1 electrically on the van. BUT STILL NO SPEEDO. I then took it to a mech I was told about, found the problem !! Harra!! It was the drive ring in the gearbox ! It had broken away from ist mounting and was not turning HENSE NO SPEEDO !! This cost me over £500 to fix and in total I spent over £750 with the replacement parts. So please be warned as this is the most common speedo fault with these vans